Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Sep 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

4 FIRST TIMERS TO FLORIDA- day 12 Islands of Adventure Loews Royal Pacific

We set alarm clocks so we could get up early, we had breakfast at the hotel, packed up our car and drove to the Loews Royal Pacific. We pulled up and luggage porter sorted our luggage for us and me and the kids got out and went to check in whilst mike found somewhere to park! I checked in and we were offered leis but as we were going straight to the parks I asked if we could get them later.

I'll add some photos of the room here now even though our room wasn't ready and we went back to it later on.

When mike returned we had fun using the machines to get our park tickets and express passes ( camera is rubbish it just shows a shadowy outline of a person) and then we walked on the path and found ourselves quickly at city walk!
We went to islands of adventure
and hit hulk first and the boys were excited to go this

I had thought that when Ben had actually seen it that he would chicken out but he happily went on whilst Brooke and I sat on a bench waiting for them. I got talking to a lady who I was sat next to and she told me the trick of asking for the free cups of iced water at kiosks etc. We didn't even think to do this at Disney but I'm glad she reminded me about this as we took full advantage at both universal parks ( I don't know why but it seemed to be hotter here)
The boys loved the ride and we decided to make our way round the park, going left first and going on whatever we wanted as we went round.the express passes were a god send and it felt so good to go past the normal long queues.
Next was Spider-Man ride
which we all enjoyed and then into the shop were Spider-Man was waiting with no queue for photos! We didn't want to pay the $20 for a photo so I just got this one

We then went on the rapids which were much better than the Disney ones and we got soaked so it made sense to go on the log flume next
in the queue there was an announcement that they were having technical difficulties but we stayed where we were and we carried on moving albeit a bit slowly and enjoyed this also and got even wetter! We then went on kong and it stopped about half way through and we were sat for a while and then seemed to reach the end really fast an I think we missed out on lots. We were offered a chance to ride again straight away but we were that impressed to be honest with what we had seen and Ben didn't seem to lie it so we didn't ride again. On and upwards to Jurassic park where I didn't think we would get that wet but boy was I wrong!
We had lunch at pizza predatoria and then made our way to Harry Potter land. We haven never seen or read any Harry Potter stuff! And the Americans couldn't believe this when we told them! We are just not into it but the lands are very well done but a lot of it did go over our head! We also found this to be the busiest part of the park

We went on flight of the hippogriff and then found a castle that had a ride inside ( we had no idea what the ride was but we decided to go on) this was forbidden journey which we didn't know at the time! We put our stuff in the lockers and queued up and then I heard some Americans talking behind us and I decided I'd best ask what the ride did as I don't like going upside down! We really enjoyed this and thought it was similar to soarin but better! The boys went on dragon challenge and then we made our way to Seuss landing

We went on the high in the sky trolley ride
and Brooke was very excited to meet cat in the hat and thing 1 and thing 2! We had been in the shop and bought Ben a thing 1 tshirt and Brooke a thing 2 tshirt and Brooke wanted to wear hers straight away!
we had a look in some other shops here and we realise that captain America was due to come out and Ben loves him and really wanted to meet him so we made our way back to super hero island and Ben got to meet his hero
and Dady got in on the action as well
he had to really with their matching tshirts! The boys did hulk again and we made our way to city walk and had dinner at toothsome chocolate emporium.
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

So nice to see your children enjoying themselves !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How was Toothsome's? I think it looks fantastic, really raised the bar of what you'd expect at City Walk.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Usababe
Excited about Disney

It was fab! We really enjoyed it! The food and the whole experience was great! Would definitely eat there again!
( I'll do a separate food report for it soon)
Usababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List