Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Aug 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SNEAU
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Has anyone used Uber with their TSB debit card attached. Just wondering what the fees are like?
SNEAU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SNEAU View Post
Has anyone used Uber with their TSB debit card attached. Just wondering what the fees are like?
I used my Barclays UK debit card for my Uber fares in Orlando, I think the most I was charged in fees by the bank was around 20 cents, on a $17 fare or thereabouts.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SNEAU
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I used my Barclays UK debit card for my Uber fares in Orlando, I think the most I was charged in fees by the bank was around 20 cents, on a $17 fare or thereabouts.
Omg really so the fees are that low! I was stressing that I would be charged £5-10 for using my card each time 😂
SNEAU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Has anyone used with small children recently? we have a small inflatable booster seat for our 6 year old but also have an 18 month old and wondered if it was easy enough, I know uber kids was coming but not sure if available yet
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Thankyou for this idea. We don't drive on holiday as hubby is a lorry driver and needs a break!
We are at universal hotel so will try this to get to Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm a little confused, wanting to use Uber in October, do I download the app now and sign up and use an American code for a discount or wait until I get there to sign up, ... or sign up and is there an option to put in a discount code when in America. Many thanks
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bilty View Post
Sorry if this has been covered but I'm a little confused, wanting to use Uber in October, do I download the app now and sign up and use an American code for a discount or wait until I get there to sign up, ... or sign up and is there an option to put in a discount code when in America. Many thanks
You can download and sign up now, but wait until you are there to put a code in as it is currency-specific, so a code will translate into ££ and can't be used over there (which I found out to my annoyance once over there!)

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
You can download and sign up now, but wait until you are there to put a code in as it is currency-specific, so a code will translate into ££ and can't be used over there (which I found out to my annoyance once over there!)
mine didn't - I just made sure it was a dollar code I input when I signed up (in the UK) - this code didn't translate into a sterling one, and I used it for my first ride with Uber in Orlando with no problems at all.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Hi, can anyone tell me what the latest Uber code is? We go on Friday! Thank you

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Can someone also tell me if you need a contact telephone number when loading app and booking ride. I am going to buy a 3 sim, but obviously don't know the number yet?