Notices

Old 19 Sep 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn't think "a bit of wind" was meant as anything but a flippant comment! I lived through Irma and it was a bit frightening we have sustained thousands of dollars damage to our property (not all covered by insurance either) but you know what OP I do sympathise with you.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I actually think the OP is due a full refund. It's not the OP's fault no, and it's not the retailer's fault no... BUT... It should be up to the retailer to deal with the supplier, and not to leave the customer out of pocket.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again - the measure of a company isn't "we had no problems and it was all fine" - it's how the companies deal with problems and complaints. Customer service is what's important.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

OP, please refrain from using terms such as, "a bit of wind they called Irma"!

Such light-hearted posts or any which portray any sense of humour or personality of any kind are not wanted or appreciated here.

This is clearly inviting the holier than thou brigade to make remarks such as, "silly comment", "ill thought out" and "34 deaths". At least they feel happily superior and have done their bit towards the reduction of global warming

Hope you get your £20 back or at least take your business elsewhere in the future. Hope you still had a great holiday.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

When you buy a ticket from anyone (not just Orlando Attractions), you agree in advance to their terms and conditions, which specify what happens in the case of cancellations. You can’t be surprised/upset when they apply the conditions you agreed to. Since OA are just ticket agents, you are subject to the conditions of the suppliers too, e.g. the bus company. The bus company would have lost money too, if they still had to pay their driver without any income, or the driver would have lost money if he didn’t get paid because he didn’t work that shift. I would expect all the other ticket agents and suppliers would have similar conditions. Most people going to KSC go by car and get their tickets direct from KSC, so wouldn’t have had cancellation costs – you don’t have to make advance arrangements with third parties. If you are worried about cancellation costs, then you would have arranged travel insurance that had appropriate cover.
It is also worth noting that the visitor complex at KSC is run by a separate company to KSC itself. KSC is also separate from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, next door. These organisations will all have different policies with regard to access arrangements and safety after extreme weather. If you holiday in an area that is occasionally prone to extreme weather, then you need to be flexible in your plans to accommodate things which are outside your control.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Like others, I believe that Orlando Attractions behaved in a very fair manner. Whilst it very clearly was not the thread starters fault that the Hurricane came, it was not the fault of Orlando attractions either.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Like others, I believe that Orlando Attractions behaved in a very fair manner. Whilst it very clearly was not the thread starters fault that the Hurricane came, it was not the fault of Orlando attractions either.
I was surprised to hear they are giving any refund so I am impressed they have only charged £20 as I would have assumed you could not return tickets after they were issued.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pearlygatesuk View Post
My use of the term "a bit of wind" was badly thought out and I apologise unreservedly for any offence caused. Thanks for your comments one and all. I have asked Orlando Attraction Tickets for a full refund but if I don't get it, only being charged £20 is not the earth.

Hope Maria turns and heads in a different direction soon :-(
Maybe we could give the OP a break now? He has apologised and acknowledged what many posters have replied (above).

I also think we could go a bit easier on people who were/are over there on holiday in these circumstances. I can understand they'd be feeling a range of emotions and even if some may appreciate a nudge to shift perspective, let's not be so hard on them.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Maybe we could give the OP a break now? He has apologised and acknowledged what many posters have replied (above).

I also think we could go a bit easier on people who were/are over there on holiday in these circumstances. I can understand they'd be feeling a range of emotions and even if some may appreciate a nudge to shift perspective, let's not be so hard on them.
Agree and that's all I'm saying after all!

Edited at 06:28 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearlygatesuk
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post

Very kind of you to say. KSC for me was to be the highlight of my trip because I love the space program and to visit the place where so much history was and is made would have been amazing.

KSC only fully reopened on the Monday so I guess things must have been pretty hard there. I think I just felt a bit emotional because saving so much for this holiday was a stretch for us and don't know if we'll ever get chance to go again, though I sincerely hope we do.
Pearlygatesuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pearlygatesuk View Post
Very kind of you to say. KSC for me was to be the highlight of my trip because I love the space program and to visit the place where so much history was and is made would have been amazing.

KSC only fully reopened on the Monday so I guess things must have been pretty hard there. I think I just felt a bit emotional because saving so much for this holiday was a stretch for us and don't know if we'll ever get chance to go again, though I sincerely hope we do.
I really hope you do, too.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List