Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Jan 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

*Cocktails in America - The Boozy Adventures with Mickey & Gang*- Day 11 - Hard Rock Hotel.

*Cocktails in America
The Boozy Adventures with Mickey & Gang* -
"Singing in the rain, just singing in the rain"
Day 11.
Tuesday 6th December.

We were in no rush for EMH this morning so we didn't set the alarm until 8am. We got up and packed all our bits and bobs from the past 3 days up. We headed down to reception to check out, luckily you still get to use your FOTL passes on check out day, so we went and stuck all the bags in the car, taking a couple of pictures outside the hotel before heading off to the parks.

Day 11 (8) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

It wasn't the sunniest day today but it was so muggy, you were instantly covered in sweat as soon as you stepped outside . We decided to start at IoA so headed there first, choosing to walk again rather than wait for the boat. I hate being touched when I'm hot and sweaty hence the super awkward family photo...

61699_120616_000258904 by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

What better way to start our day than with two rides on Hulk before heading off to Spiderman, where we discovered they take a picture and it is super attractive (HA).

Day 11 (9) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

61735_120616_000219666 by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We decided to give Kong another go this morning and I enjoyed it a lot more than yesterday I think its because we were sat in a better spot than the day before so I could see more of what is going on. We walked around Jurassic Park, just having a look around, I wish we had done the Raptor Encounter now but we must of walked past it, before heading to Hogsmead.

Day 11 (1) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Day 11 (6) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Megan, CJ and Billy all fancied a go on Dragons Challenge so us 3 grabbed a seat and waited for them to return, we sat and spoke about our plans for the rest of the holiday while they rode both sides of the ride, their preference place to ride - blue @ the back, Megan and CJ wanted to try frozen Butter Beer so we popped to the cart and picked one up, everyone enjoyed it and said it tasted like caramel ice cream, I didn't try any as it just doesn't appeal to me.

Day 11 (12) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We hopped on the train over to Universal and it was as good as going the other way. I had decided that I wanted to buy a wand so i went off to Olivander's to pick one out and decided on Hermione's at $43. Escape from Gringotts was showing a 10 minute wait so we chucked all our things in a locker and joined the queue, it was the shortest we had waited and we were actually in park hours not EMH! Literally off the lift up the stairs and seated, result!
As it was so muggy we decided to call it a day, we were all feeling the heat and all getting tired. We passed JAWS so all had a picture then the heavens opened and we experienced our first Florida down poor.

Day 11 (5) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We all ran for cover outside a shop and waited it out a little, it didn't show any sign of letting up so we decided to just make a run for it. We made a dash for the exit but it started to absolutely hammer it down so we took shelter again until it eased off once again, we ran to the picture shop to claim our 2 free prints, it was rather busy due to the rain so we joined the queue.

Day 11 (10) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Megan and CJ wanted to go to Chocolate Emporium so off they went while we waited. It took ages and she couldn't crop the picture we wanted to the size so we ended up with 2 prints we didn't actually want, but they are included in the price so we shouldn't complain. We exited the park and started towards the Chocolate Emporium but it was still raining so we rang the gals and told them we would meet them back at the hotel. We went and checked out the Rock Shop and Gaynor picked up a pin to add to her collection. Back in the car and finally out of the rain, we grabbed the girls and said good buy to Hard Rock Hotel. Megan and CJ's milkshakes looked amazing, Meg had got a salted caramel one and CJ had gone for Nutella and they both tasted amazing and were massive, they cost $12.50 each but are more like a meal there that big.

Day 11 (4) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

Aidan and I were both craving McDonald's so we headed to the one on the 192 near home. We pulled up at the window to order just as it started to throw it down again, we ordered 3 big macs, 3 fries, 1 super mac meal and 1 cheeseburger meal $35 through the crack in the window so we didn't get to wet. We drove home and ran inside out of the rain and all tucked into our food which hit the spot.

Day 11 (2) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We were all in need of a lazy afternoon so we all did our own thing, i headed to bed for a nap, the boys stuck on some football, Megan and CJ watched crime programmes, which they had became obsessed with and Gaynor pottered around the house. Once I was nice and rested I got up and me and Aidan put Pirates of the Caribbean on while G&B jumped in the hot tub, the gals were still in bed watching their programmes.
A couple of months before the holiday we had decided that we should do a couples fancy dress, you had to have a costume and a prop that related to Florida and we decided tonight was the night we should reveal them. We all headed off to get ready and did a big reveal. Aidan and I were bacon & eggs with a frying pan and ketchup, Megan and CJ were Anna and Elsa and had made an Olaf out of tissue paper stuffed with household objects and G&B were Shaggy and Velma from scooby do with scooby snacks and a scooby balloon.

Day 11 (7) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

We all had a good laugh at each other before grabbing a drink and sticking a lasagna in for tea. We all settled on the sofa and watched the rest of POTC and ate our tea, Aidan wouldn't eat any as it had been in the freezer which still want working properly so he was a bit iffy with it. We watched the end of the film and called it a night.

Day 11 (11) by Abigail hunt, on Flickr

I would recommend a stay at HRH to anyone, we had such a good time, it is worth it for the FOTL passes alone. We managed to do Universal and IoA properly and still have time to make the most of the pool at HRH and enjoy City Walk

Edited at 12:56 PM.
TheHunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hermione's wand is the one I'd pick too, it's so pretty.

Those milkshakes look and sound amazing!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh those milkshakes look massive!

Loving the outfits! Bacon & egg is genius 😂
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Shame about the rain, hopefully it cleared the air for your next day!
Great day again, love the fancy dress!
This year we want more days/ evenings at the villa chilling we always go out to eat but going to stay in some evening now especially reading your report sounds lovely!
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jcourt39
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Those milkshakes 😍😍

It looked like a fab time at HRH, thanks for sharing.
Rachael x x x
jcourt39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hermione's wand is the one I'd pick too, it's so pretty.

Those milkshakes look and sound amazing!
It is very pretty 😍 They were so good!

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Oh those milkshakes look massive!

Loving the outfits! Bacon & egg is genius 😂
They were like a full meal! Haha Aidan hated them! I though they were amazing 😹

Originally Posted by jcourt39 View Post
Those milkshakes 😍😍

It looked like a fab time at HRH, thanks for sharing.
Rachael x x x
So tasty! We had the best couple of days at HRH!

Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Shame about the rain, hopefully it cleared the air for your next day!
Great day again, love the fancy dress!
This year we want more days/ evenings at the villa chilling we always go out to eat but going to stay in some evening now especially reading your report sounds lovely!
I know, it came out of nowhere, did clear the air though. Don't know how people make it out every night! We're always shattered. Would deffinakty recommend more down time in the Villa!
TheHunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Those outfits are hilarious! I can't believe after a week the fridge still wasn't fixed, I would of been seriously peed off, I hope you complained and got some compensation
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Lol.. your fancy dress costumes are fantastic. The milkshakes are to die for, really enjoying reading along!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHunts
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Those outfits are hilarious! I can't believe after a week the fridge still wasn't fixed, I would of been seriously peed off, I hope you complained and got some compensation
I know, it was ridiculous to say we booked the villa through Virgin. As long as our beer was cold we wern't too bothered

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Lol.. your fancy dress costumes are fantastic. The milkshakes are to die for, really enjoying reading along!
Aidan still hates me for making him dress up as bacon, ohh those milkshakes thanks for reading, sorry about the late replies to your comments.
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing, a visit to the chocolate emporium seems like a winner.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List