Old 5 Feb 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
The Glowtini Girls do DLP - Day 4 - Don't Make Me Leave!

I can't believe it's our last day

And as if the weather knows it's our last day, the park has been shrouded in fog and any last opportunities to loose ourselves in our gorgeous view have been scuppered.

This morning Anna and I set about getting washed and dressed as normal, then we head to breakfast around 8am, knowing that on our return to our rooms we would be packing, not a happy thought.

But obviously the inevitable happened.

Bags packed and with one last check around the room for anything we might have left behind we said one final farewell to our (foggy) view and took the lift down to Reception to drop our bags with the Golden Forest concierge. You can opt to have them collect your bags from your room but being the control freaks that we are we didn't trust this option

Reception was incredibly busy, lots of people just arriving (how dare they!) and being scanned by security before being let into the hotel. We were very grateful that we didn't have to muscle our way through them to get to the luggage drop off room (another Golden Forest perk, as if you needed more convincing ).

The plan for today was to start the morning in Studio's, ride Crush first then Ratatouille.

On approaching Studio's we got an idea as to just how busy the parks were, there were people every where!

So regardless of the wait time we got into the queue for Crush's Coaster, this was the queue!

Ok, that was before they'd opened the proper queue line, but you get the idea! When we finally went under the entrance to the queue the wait time said 50 mins, it wasn't wrong! But that was fine, like with all the queue's we'd experienced on this trip it kept moving so didn't feel anywhere near as long.

The nerves started to kick in once we got inside the main building, I hadn't ridden Crush since taking DD when she was 8, having no idea what the coaster actually entailed we both came off the ride gibbering wrecks

Now, having ridden it for a second time, I'd happily ride it again and again, it was nowhere near as bad as I remembered it!

Next up was Ratatouille, Anna and I were fully prepared to join the single rider queue, knowing that we'd get split up and it was just as well as the standby queue was at 95 minutes!

With a single rider wait of just 35 minutes we definitely made the right decision, and it turned out that we were in the same Rat Mobile, with Anna sat in the front row and me in the back row.

By the time we'd done Ratatouille it was coming up to midday so we left Studios, saying one final goodbye (and good riddance ) to Tower of Terror.

Next up on the plan was going back into the Disneyland Park with the first ride on our agenda being Phantom Manor, because it had gone technical the day before this was our only chance to ride it. The queue was the longest we'd ever seen it, which actually gave us the chance to see detail that we'd never noticed before, silver linings and all that.

While queuing for Phantom Manor we noticed a distinct lack of noise coming from Big Thunder Mountain. Our plan had been to use our last hotel fast pass on BtM before 1pm, which would have been straight after Phantom Manor but it was clear that BtM was down. Such a shame that we didn't get to ride it a third time, but at least we'd done it twice

We had a think about where to use our hotel fast pass, not wanting it to go to waste and decided to do Buzz one more time, a good decision because the queue for Buzz was well over 30 minutes when we arrived, and closer to 50 minutes when we were done.

After Buzz we had a wander around Discoveryland and bumped into Stitch having a meet and greet! Anna loves Stitch and I've never met him before, add in the fact that he had a really short queue and we were there!

He was so cute!

Next up was a quick hello to Wall-e and Eva.

We had a quick nosy at the building works being done at Star Tours and then remembered that Mel had recommended the Disney Pixar Film Shorts being shown in the old Captain EO / Honey I Shrunk the Audience theatre.

As with previous shows this was in 4D and it was brilliant! You watch 3 short films, the first of which was the most impressive for its use of 3D, so clever! Really worth the time, plus you get to have a sit down and it's warm

By the time we came out of the Disney Pixar Short films it was around 1.45pm and we had a lunch reservation at Plaza Gardens for 2pm so we walked back through Discoveryland.

We arrived at Plaza Gardens just before 2pm and joined the reservations queue, we were checked in and shown to our table within about 5 minutes. Our table was in a little annex at the front of the restaurant next to windows looking out onto the park, amazing!

We love Plaza Gardens, it's become our traditional last day meal because we can fill up and not worry about getting hungry on the long journey home. The other reason we love Plaza Gardens so much are the garlic fried potatoes, I ate so many I probably looked like a garlic fried potato by the time we left

We were finished up at Plaza Gardens around 3pm and only had an hour left before we needed to head to the station

Anna realised that we hadn't gone through the Adventureland entrance yet so we walked through there deciding to pay a visit to Le Passage Enchante d'Aladdin.

Before we knew it it was time to head out of the park, obviously taking the obligatory sad face in front of the castle photo.

Now, what I haven't mentioned at all so far in this trip report is the number of birds congregating around the hub in front of the castle. They were everywhere! When walking through this area you genuinely worried about being dive-bombed by seagulls, or being poo'd on... which is exactly what happened to Anna, just seconds after we took that photo

The original plan had been that both Anna and I would go and collect our final Pause Gormande before leaving the park, but given that Anna now had more urgent matters of bird poo in her hair to attend too she took herself off to the toilets in Liberty Arcade and I picked up both Pause Gormande's from Casey's before joining her. Quick mention about the toilets in Liberty Arcade, they are seriously neglected, gross in fact, if you can avoid using these ones then do. The ones at the bottom of Discovery Arcade are in much better condition.

So bird poo cleaned from hair, and stocked up on Pause Gormande's we took that final walk up Main Street, stopping to look back at the castle, and left the park

We collected our bags from Disney Express with no issues and headed over to the RER ticket booth to buy our tickets back to Paris. There was an RER train waiting for us in the station so we hoped on and started the journey back to Paris Gard du Nord.

We arrived at Gard du Nord just after 5pm. Unfortunately the Eurostar check in wasn't yet open for our train which was due to leave at 7.13pm so we had to wait about 15 minutes just outside the check in area until it opened, people watching while we waited.

We were through check in, passport control (France and UK) and security in about 15 minutes. Because there were 2 other Eurostar trains leaving that evening most of the seats in the waiting area were taken, but eventually we managed to find a seat to share. Once the first train had departed we found a couple of bar stool type seats to sit on which overlooked the Eurostar trains.

With a cup of tea we killed time catching up on social media and generally feeling sad about going home.

Finally we were called to our train around 6.45pm, we stashed our bags and took our seats and then heard an announcement that a train had broken down on our line just outside the station and we would be facing at least a 20 minute delay. All the while we were sat there thinking about the 2 hour drive home we still had to face once we finally arrived in Ashford. Can you tell we weren't happy bunnies?

Turns out it was a 45 minute delay.

Eventually the train pulled in to Ashford, we disembarked and made the painful walk back through the station, past all the Disney posters, to my car.

The journey home was rubbish, not only because we were headed home but also because it was raining. Joy.

I dropped Anna home around 11pm and got home myself just before 11.30pm, absolutely shattered, sad that it was over and really not looking forward to going to work the next day

So that's it, it's over for another year.

Obviously this is so me right now.

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports

Edited at 05:45 PM.
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

thank you for taking the time to share you fun ,you have given me some ideas for are next trip one of the top ones being to try some of them cocktails lol
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jandlsmum View Post
thank you for taking the time to share you fun ,you have given me some ideas for are next trip one of the top ones being to try some of them cocktails lol
Yay for cocktails!

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Great memories and you can always go back again and again. So great to read your report Rachael. Looking forward to our visit in October.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing your trip, it's been great.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Seriously impressed you've finished yours, and I'm still writing up travel day!
Was great to share your trip Rachel, both in DLP and reading about it here on the Dibb - same time next year? (someone needs to hold your hand on Tower of Terror and help you choose a cocktail!)

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Fab trip Rach, well done on the tower of terror, I am NOT riding teacups for anyone though

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Great memories and you can always go back again and again. So great to read your report Rachael.
Exactly, long gone are the days when we didn't know when we'd be going back!

Glad you enjoyed it, roll on October when we can read your trip report!

Old 6 Feb 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip, it's been great.
Thank you for reading!

Old 6 Feb 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Seriously impressed you've finished yours, and I'm still writing up travel day!
Was great to share your trip Rachel, both in DLP and reading about it here on the Dibb - same time next year? (someone needs to hold your hand on Tower of Terror and help you choose a cocktail!)
Told you I was a woman on a mission!

Likewise, it was so much fun sharing our trip with you, so many lovely memories...even ToT

Yes yes yes to same time next year, you're on (and I speak on behalf of Anna too ) I can't ever do ToT again now without a person on each side to hold onto, and I clearly can't be trusted to order my own cocktails