Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Feb 17, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Disney After Hours

We have just got back to our hotel after doing Disney After hours, and I have to say it is one of the best things we have ever done!

We are only here a week and had not planned to visit Disney at all, but when they announced that they were doing the after hours again, well we decided that it was too good to miss after the reviews I had read. The tickets where $119 each, and said we could enter the park at 7pm and then from 8 - 11 rides where only open to after hours guests.

Though the event started back in January and people were reporting they had been allowed in at 4pm, so I logged on to MDE and bagged us some Fast passes and dinner reservation a skipped canteen.

We arrived at MK at 5pm and there was a dedicated turnstile ready for After Hours guests, we scanned our Magic Bands and were handed the important lanyard.

We headed off and did our fast passes and enjoyed a good meal (and a beer! ) in Skipper Canteen.

Come 8pm it was time for normal guests to leave and for the rest of us to hit the rides. 1st ride we did was Peter Pan, no queue apart from day guests complaining that why were we being allowed onto the ride and they couldn't, the CM was explaining why, but the people were still complaining, though they were told they could buy a ticket and stay.

After Peter Pan we walked on to Whinne the Pooh, Small World, Splash Mountain (given a log each), people in front of us were allowed to stay on at the end as no one was waiting. Next up was Pirates, again walked straight on. At this point we then grabbed some free drinks and free Mickey Ice Cream Bars. We walked across to tomorrowland which was roped off and entry only allowed to After Hours guest.

Here we did Buzz twice (able to just ride and take pics), Space Mountain, Speedway (only queue of the night as everyone was riding by themselves), then we hit 7 Dwarfs, we did this 3 times in a row, Ariel under sea adventures, the CM's here were pleased to see us as no one had been in for a while! .

We finished off the evening taking pics in front of the castle. I reckon that there was no more than 500 people at the event tonight, and at times it was so strange walking around an empty Magic Kingdom. I would recommend that if your only visiting for a week and wanted to do something magical, then if this event is on, it is a must do.
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Saddy1996
Excited about Disney

That sounds great. We are returning next year and only want to do magic kingdom and Hollywood studios.
Last time we had a night at on site hotel and used early morning hours but this would be great idea. Also not something we've done before.
I had though extra hours were just for on site guests. How did you find out about it.
We would go August so guess such an offer wouldn't be on then
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

It sounds great but am I right in thinking you need a normal day ticket AND you have to have the evening ticket or can you just pay the $119 each and that's enough?

Is food included?
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

You don't need a normal day ticket unless you want to go into the park before the event starts - so it includes park entrance
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
You don't need a normal day ticket unless you want to go into the park before the event starts - so it includes park entrance
Thanks for this
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

There are certain food places open during the event, but we didn't have time to stop and look, rides were empty and we needed to get on them , it was worth every cent to be in an empty MK

Old 10 Feb 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It sounds fantastic and the park really does look empty, a bit spooky actually! But I think it's a bit too pricey when you compare the price to that of a party ticket. In my experience ride waits are very short during the parties, and then there's all the other activities on offer.

It might be something I'd consider though out of party season as I'm a sucker for a special event!

Thanks for sharing your experience!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

The Princesses were available as was Talking Mickey, we did stop in on him on the way out... would have been rude not too
Old 10 Feb 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Sounds like a fantastic experience and not too bad price wise if numbers are limited and you had no problem riding the rides again and again. I would definitely pay the premium for this as at the Halloween and Xmas Parties we went to in the past the rides were not that quiet.
It would maybe a way of me getting my DIsney fix as my kids and DH now prefer Universal
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List