Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Apr 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi- we are going to the centre parks in France in may. It was much cheaper but I do admit to being a bit nervous as I have heard they are more basic. We have booked a villa with a sauna. It will be an adventure anyway!
Old 15 Apr 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Hi- we are going to the centre parks in France in may. It was much cheaper but I do admit to being a bit nervous as I have heard they are more basic. We have booked a villa with a sauna. It will be an adventure anyway!
which one are you going to? We spend so little time in the villa at U.K. CP that as long as the holiday village is good, I'm not so worried about the actual accommodation. Let us know how you get on
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Same. We plan to be out and about more than staying in villa. Booking only goes to January so far but priced up this August as a guide and only £900 for a three bed villa and flights £60 each, brilliant!

Edited at 08:08 AM.
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

They are cheaper, but we found that they were a lot more basic accommodation wise and there were more things that annoyed us - like litter, smoking etc.

I guess we were disappointed because to us CP is a short break, a long weekend away with some luxury and only an hour or so down the road - whereas CP Europe was 4 hours drive to the ferry, a ferry crossing and 2 hours drive for a week somewhere not quite so nice.

So I think they are great - IF you go with open eyes - that it is not CP UK.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
siuk33
Excited about Disney

We went to De Kempervennen loads of times when the kids were young, the snow dome is fantastic and my 2 loved it. Book the best villa you can afford, the last time we went we stayed in an Eden which was amazing... although the pool area looks older it has an amazing sunken ship with tropical fish and some of the kids activities like white water rafting were brilliant.
Karen
Old 16 Apr 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Not to Centre Parcs, but last year we stayed in a Landal in Zeeland area of Netherlands. The accomodation was lovely and the site was well kept and tidy. There wasn't perhaps the range of things that you can do at a Centre Parcs, but we did hire cycles and there was a bowling alley.

We went through the Tunnel and enjoyed the journey.

Would like to go back.
Old 16 Apr 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

I'm. Going to book the nicest lodge I can and we will fly there as quicker,. I think it looks fantastic, wish I could book now,im so impatient!
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Having had a very quick look, the Dutch ones looked a bit cheaper than the French ones. We're looking to go away last two weeks of August next year so will keep an eye on their website and the Euro exchange rate!
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Having had a very quick look, the Dutch ones looked a bit cheaper than the French ones. We're looking to go away last two weeks of August next year so will keep an eye on their website and the Euro exchange rate!
Same, they only do 7 nights so we may book mid August next year and may consider adding on a few days somewhere else, only looking at Holland as never been. A cheaper holiday next year means I can save more for Florida 2019, want to book.as soon as I can as love having the holidays all sorted for the year ahead. X
Old 16 Apr 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Think if we go will tag a 2-3 night stay at the theme park after then fly home...