Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Apr 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
I have seen issues reported on US forums of upgrading if you used the mini golf as it is not an AP benefit.

These may be isolated incidents as consistency on this point is not Disney's forte but worth bearing in mind
Yes I had heard that too. We plan to upgrade the first day so we don't use any add ons by mistake and we're not planning to do mini golf so that is fine. Son and girlfriend will be keeping their ultimates so they can do it if they want when "they want to be together"
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
I have seen issues reported on US forums of upgrading if you used the mini golf as it is not an AP benefit.

These may be isolated incidents as consistency on this point is not Disney's forte but worth bearing in mind
That's interesting, thanks. It seems like the safest thing to do is either upgrade straight away or to only visit the parks first.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I upgraded my ticket to a platinum pass - I didn't want the water parks but they didn't say it would be a problem if I'd used them. Cost was around $285. I upgraded mine on the 2nd last day of my holiday. You get a fair few discounts with an AP :-).
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I upgraded my ticket to a platinum pass - I didn't want the water parks but they didn't say it would be a problem if I'd used them. Cost was around $285. I upgraded mine on the 2nd last day of my holiday. You get a fair few discounts with an AP :-).
Thanks . I've budgeted £500 so sounds like that's probably not too far off. Hopefully we'll be able to save a little with Gold passes as we're not planning on being there during black out periods.
We had annual passes on our last 2 trips and had fun figuring out which card had the better discounts between that and DVC!
Old 6 May 17, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Thanks . I've budgeted £500 so sounds like that's probably not too far off. Hopefully we'll be able to save a little with Gold passes as we're not planning on being there during black out periods.
We had annual passes on our last 2 trips and had fun figuring out which card had the better discounts between that and DVC!
We want Gold too! I cannot believe the one time we have free dining we are upgrading to annual passes and would get 20% off most restaurants with the AP. And this year our second trip is Nove not Sept so the 45th promo wil be over, lol.
Still if we manage to get our next May too that will be three trips in one!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
We want Gold too! I cannot believe the one time we have free dining we are upgrading to annual passes and would get 20% off most restaurants with the AP. And this year our second trip is Nove not Sept so the 45th promo wil be over, lol.
Still if we manage to get our next May too that will be three trips in one!
It looks like we'll be there first so I'll let you know how we get on with the gold pass. Our big trip is the end of October then I'm hoping that we can go back in April next year before our annual passes and travel insurance expire.
Old 12 May 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I was also told to be careful with dining reservations. That somehow these can get 'lost' during the transfer!
It was suggested you either wait till you have completed most of your dining OR get an AP plastic card separate from your magic bands?

Did anyone have any trouble with this?
IS it a dvc gold I need then, i'm there from 21st july and will be upgrading 14 day ults for a basic DVC annual pass..
$270 each for an upgrade does sound rather a lot compared to what i paid the year before last. Is that right?

Regards

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 11:13 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I was also told to be careful with dining reservations. That somehow these can get 'lost' during the transfer!
It was suggested you either wait till you have completed most of your dining OR get an AP plastic card separate from your magic bands?

IS it a dvc gold I need then, i'm there from 21st july and will be upgrading 14 day ults for a basic DVC annual pass..
$270 each for an upgrade does sound rather a lot compared to what i paid the year before last. Is that right?

Regards
Hmm, I've never heard that about dining and not sure why tickets would affect ADRs. Worrying if it's true as I've got everything I want in October booked.

You'll need to check the blackout dates but the gold pass certainly looks like it will be enough for us. I did a quick calculation and $270 sounds about right for the premium pass if you take the DVC price minus what you've already paid on the ultimates. We paid about £370 each for DVC premium passes in 2015 but the exchange rate has plummeted and annual pass prices seem to have gone way up at the same time.
Old 13 May 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post

Regards
I heard this too, worries me as we have loads as we are on the Dining Plan. I am going to take the MDE print out with me for them as the FP as we also have memory maker. I don't want to wait as want our 20% discount from day one but I can't see how a card rather than a magic band would change the issue of losing reservations, don't they all sit on your MDE remotely, the card or MB just activate the day used or payment on use?
We also have old unexpired water park days we want to use,hence the gold.
I can see this being a technical nightmare, hence we are going to do it on the way out of Epcot on the first day.
Old 14 May 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
I heard this too, worries me as we have loads as we are on the Dining Plan. I am going to take the MDE print out with me for them as the FP as we also have memory maker. I don't want to wait as want our 20% discount from day one but I can't see how a card rather than a magic band would change the issue of losing reservations, don't they all sit on your MDE remotely, the card or MB just activate the day used or payment on use?
We also have old unexpired water park days we want to use,hence the gold.
I can see this being a technical nightmare, hence we are going to do it on the way out of Epcot on the first day.
I'm honestly not sure about the card/mband.All I can recall is approx 2 years ago the cm mentioned it and put our AP on a card and we used our magic bands for the dining etc.
Like you, I did the upgrade early and I took 'proof' with me of my reservations & fp bookings-but in the form of a spreadsheet which showed a column for each day and under each column, I listed our fp details for that day, dining info, name, time & booking ref.
Much less paper than the MDE print outs and worked a treat!.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List