Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Jul 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

OMG soo excited for this - just watched 1-6 again just so I am ready for the new series.

Only down side I am away for work in a hotel Monday and Tuesday and will have to wait until Wednesday to watch it so I am off Facebook, Twitter etc until I watch it as no doubt someone will post spoilers!

Rich

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

I've never watched GoT, but I have heard good things from almost everyone I have spoken to.

The problem is, I'm told it has excessive amounts of (needless) sexual content. Only two people have ever said to me "its not as bad as I expected", whereas everyone else has said "yes, its ridiculous"...

Any advice?

I should also point out.. myself and my partner began to watch True Blood, but it was just too much to enjoy continue watching

Edited at 11:54 AM.
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by afcajax73 View Post
I've never watched GoT, but I have heard good things from almost everyone I have spoken to.

The problem is, I'm told it has excessive amounts of (needless) sexual content. Only two people have ever said to me "its not as bad as I expected", whereas everyone else has said "yes, its ridiculous"...

Any advice?

I should also point out.. myself and my partner began to watch True Blood, but it was just too much to enjoy continue watching
The term "sexposition" (all one word, not two! ) was coined in relation to a scene in season 1 of Game of Thrones where a character monologues about his backstory (plot exposition) whilst two female prostitutes have sex in the background. So in some parts the sex is arguably pointless "background noise", though some would argue that the setting (a brothel) was appropriate as it's owned by the character in question, who achieved his place in the social hierarchy by essentially selling his loyalty to the highest bidder. So there's some symbolism there.
Other scenes are essential to the plot (in the first episode an unlikely couple are caught having sex and the person who catches them is still living with the consequences 6 seasons later)
Sex on screen doesn't bother me at all, but I dislike the way the writers use sexual violence/torture to show us just how evil a character is...when we've already seen that character behead, flay or otherwise horribly murder multiple people! We get it! So why make a female character suffer?

With regards to True Blood- I'd say Game of Thrones has marginally more sexual content, but it's not at blurry "vampire speed"
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
If you pause it and replay I think it's Yara Greyjoy and one if the sand sisters.
It's Yara and Ellaria Sand, Oberyn Martell's mistress and mother of the Sand Snakes.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
The term "sexposition" (all one word, not two! ) was coined in relation to a scene in season 1 of Game of Thrones where a character monologues about his backstory (plot exposition) whilst two female prostitutes have sex in the background. So in some parts the sex is arguably pointless "background noise", though some would argue that the setting (a brothel) was appropriate as it's owned by the character in question, who achieved his place in the social hierarchy by essentially selling his loyalty to the highest bidder. So there's some symbolism there.
Other scenes are essential to the plot (in the first episode an unlikely couple are caught having sex and the person who catches them is still living with the consequences 6 seasons later)
Sex on screen doesn't bother me at all, but I dislike the way the writers use sexual violence/torture to show us just how evil a character is...when we've already seen that character behead, flay or otherwise horribly murder multiple people! We get it! So why make a female character suffer?

With regards to True Blood- I'd say Game of Thrones has marginally more sexual content, but it's not at blurry "vampire speed"
haha thanks for that very informative.. I think we will probably just not watch it
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Best keep off social media, if you use it - people can't help but post spoilers, not caring if others have watched it :angry:
Lol no worries on that score, I'm one of those *weirdos* that doesn't do social media Will just avoid threads on here about it
Ninja is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mr TM - you tempter. Next Monday is booked in this household.

£10 says Kit Harington won't smile in this series.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

It's not often that I look forward to Mondays... this week will be the exception 😂 I'm sooooo looking forward to it.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Binge watching season 6 (again). Planner set for 2am. Cannot wait.😬
Old 18 Jul 17, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Fantastic opener, hooked again before the opening titles have played. Winter has come x
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List