Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 31 May 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

No carbs diet... ideas please

I currently work out at the gym 4/5 days a week. I have a new PT, for the last 5 weeks now, and I do a mixture of HIIT training and weights. I'm someone who struggles with food (diagnosed binge eating and bulimia) and find it hard to stick to healthy eating all the time. I get despondent as I can't see a change for the better in how I look...I've gone up a dress size rather than going down, yet I lose body fat.
Anyway, my PT and me have made a deal to go carb free (or going as low as possible) for the next 25 days (she goes on holiday then) and I have a special 25th wedding anniversary in July and a dress that just doesn't look right! Soooooo...I need ideas. I can see me eating rabbit food and depriving myself of food to the point of binging. But I'm determined to have a go at this. So any food and snack ideas would be great.
Thanks.

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

We go carb free most week dinners, it's usually meat of some sort with salad or veggies. Not very inspiring, but easy and filling.

For snacks you can't beat boiled eggs for a nutrient packed no carb filling snack! Also nuts, nut butter, fruit, veggie sticks. I love slicing up an apple and spreading it with peanut butter or eating apple and cheese for a good car free snack.

Omlette or berries and plain yogurt are great for breakfast. Protein is the trick to keep you feeling full!
Old 31 May 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would say get yourself a new PT. No self respecting PT should EVER be suggesting a no or vlc diet - ESPECIALLY if you are training hard and your history of eating issues and the fear of binging you mention.

Have a look at Emma C Bikini on Facebook/Insta and you'll see how it should be done.

Lots of proper food and good old fashioned training.

Its called The Shred. Its an 8 week plan and most of the girls have lost 10lb or there abouts.

Including eating carbs chocolate and peanut butter.

Im sorry hun but i really think your PT is completely wrong here and despite your desperation to lose the weight doing it this way is not right. Goingno carb may only serve to reinforce your food issues.

Also check out The Goddess Revolution. Lots of hints and tips on how to love the body yiu have rather than waiting till yiu have the body you want to be happy. There will always be something else that we will be unhappy with.

Katie x

Edited at 09:06 PM.
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Check out the 8 week blood sugar diet recipe book...some really tasty suggestions in there!
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Buy the Joe Wicks recipe book. Some really delicious low carb recipes in there. However, on training days he insists that you should be eating a carb rich meal to fuel your body after working out. It just isn't sustainable to be completely carb free, nor healthy.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

If you have been diagnosed with an eating disorder then I would only take doctors advice on which (if any) diet to do. You need to be careful and bare in mind your disorder. Is your PT aware of your eating habits? I am sure they should not advise under the circumstances.
I would see your doctor or nurse and ask thier advise on weight loss.
Good luck and well done in all your training x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

When I started reading I literally gasped that a PT could be so irresponsible. As PP says take advice from a Medical Practitioner. After your court case the last thing you need is to compound eating problems.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Not a recommendation just my personal experience.

I cut out 80% of carbs about 4 years ago and lost 4 stones in 18 months. Plus I was less bloated and stopped getting indigestion. I have the odd sandwich or cake nowadays and the odd 'blow-out' if eating out for an occasion.

I eat a lot of lean protein with salad or veg, some cheese and eggs, tinned tuna, fresh fish. If I'm peck-ish in the evening I'll 'snack' on nuts or pickles.

I've got used to having cauliflower with curry instead of rice - it soaks up the sauce in the same way.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

When you say no carbs, do you mean no refined carbs? Fruit and veg are mainly carbs. I would be reluctant to follow this. Carbs give you energy and fuel you so that you can exercise and have the energy to get through the day. There is an amazing Facebook coaching group that i joined in January and has given me so much knowledge about nutrition. Carbs do not make you put on weight, they do draw water into the body which can make you temporarily gain weight but as long as you keep your water intake up this will settle down. If you want any more details of the group i joined then please pm me.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Can you clarify exactly what your Pt said. If it was cut out carbs totally then sack them. Unprofessional guidance - shocked.
I do wish you every success but with your history it really is bad advice ( sorry)

Edited at 10:04 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List