Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Sounds like you'll be starving by the time you get to MCO but otherwise do-able then.

Quite odd as cruises are so much about the food that there is no provision for food when using Disney's own transfer.
Yeah I was rather irritated last year. We were give a notification of where we were supposed to eat on the last day and it said on it if you were second seating and using DCL you didnt have time to eat
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are second sitting on Carnival , I expect it's similar but we are picking up a car at Port C so won't be impacted. It's a bit off though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Yeah I was rather irritated last year. We were give a notification of where we were supposed to eat on the last day and it said on it if you were second seating and using DCL you didnt have time to eat
Isn't the buffet open?
Old 1 Aug 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We just took some bits from the buffet the day before, and had a quick snack before disembarking (cereal, banana, muffin type snacks). This wS principally because we valued the extra time in bed more than going to the buffet, however, and wanted to be one of the first off the ship.
Old 1 Aug 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
We've always had breakfast before going on our DCL transfers but we always do Main dining which means an early breakfast. We also don't take our own bags off the ship, just pick them up at the terminal when we get off the ship.
Old 2 Aug 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
Isn't the buffet open?
Weird there wasn't a buffet? I would have thought there would be one

Edited at 02:46 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
Isn't the buffet open?
There is no buffet breakfast on the last morning.

Edited by Joa: There is a buffet every day on DCL and all are welcome to eat there, including on the last morning.

Edited at 04:05 PM.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I have been on four DCL cruises (including 2 last year) and I had not remembered that .

I'm sure that Karen's idea is a winner then - taking what you need from the buffet the previous day. I do remember that there are fridges in each room, and that Disney provides cereal in those little plastic bowls that you can pour milk into directly.
Old 3 Aug 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We always take our own luggage and I think you actualy have to if you are on dcl bus.

If you are on DCL bus you cannot go to the breakfast on the last morning

I went back and checked my Vlog for last year and we were on the bus before 8am back to the resort
Who told you you couldn't have breakfast? That's completely wrong I'm afraid.
Everyone can have breakfast, no matter how they are travelling to their next destination.

You have 2 choices regarding a quickie debarkation ... Keep your luggage with you in the room overnight, go to Cabanas when it opens at 6:30am, eat, then go back and collect your luggage and go wait by the exit. First people off will be those who have early flights (1pm is not early), then it'll be those with their own luggage (you). Get on the DCL bus and go to airport.

Or
Put your cases out on the last evening, go to breakfast (either in restaurant or cabanas), leave ship as soon as open debarkation starts around 8am, collect luggage from terminal building. Get on bus etc.

Alternative for breakfast is to take extra milk cartons, bowls, spoons and cereal the morning before, store it in your room and fridge then have breakfast in your room on the last day.
Room service is not available of course on the last morning.

Hope that helps.
Joa

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I'm not sure why you thought there wasn't. There is a buffet every day on every ship in Cabanas.
Debarkation morning is no different and everyone is welcome to eat there.

We never go to our assigned restaurant as it's just too crowded so we go to Cabanas every time.

So, to clarify .. Everyone gets breakfast in the morning, it's your choice if you want to go to a restaurant or Cabanas for buffet.