Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Aug 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile Lanzarote must do's

We have decided to hire a car in Lanzarote. Is there any must do's while we are there as we are thinking we may as well use the car to go exploring some days.
Thanks.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are off to lanzarote next month so would be interested in this as well
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We really enjoyed visiting places that were designed/built by Cesar Manrique, particularly Jameos del Agua, Manrique's 'underground' home and Mirador del Rio.
The volcanic stuff at Timanfaya national park is good.
alastairphilipwiper/blog/...ique-lanzarote
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dee_laah
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

ranchotexaslanzarote/en/
We had a great day here few years ago. However they also a do an evening show that is all inclusive. You can get a coach trip to and from so you can indulge in the free beer or sangria.
Dee_laah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gforce_iom
Imagineer

gforce_iom's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mirador Del Rio is good... but make sure it's not shrouded by mist, otherwise you won't see the views!

If you like markets, then Teguise market is worth a wonder around!
1991-96 4 Trips~1997x1~1999x1~2001x1~2004x1~2004/2005x3/2006x2/2007x3/2009x2/2010x2~2011 Westridge Villa~2012 Highlands Reserve Villax3~2013 Hampton Lakesx2~2014 Hampton Lakesx2~2015 Hampton Lakesx1~2017 Sunset Ridgex2~Rosen Shingle Creek~2018 Sunset Ridgex1~2018 Rosen Shingle Creek~2019 Sunset Ridgex1 Hampton Lakesx1 Calabay Parcx1 2020 Highlands Reservex1 2022 Calabay Parcx1 2024 Hunters Creekx1
gforce_iom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

We LOVE lanzarote and try to go every year to Playa Blanca, last year I managed to get there twice!

Timanfaya which has already been mentioned is good.

This year we did a 2hr Dune Buggy Tour, you can do 3 and to be honest I now wish we did the longer one as it is SO much fun. It is one of the best activities we have ever done. It was with Buggies Lanzarote, I can't recommend that enough, fab, fab...

buggieslanzarote/

We have also used Paracraft to book parascending and jet skiing they are both fun too...

Marina Reubicon has a nice little market on a Saturday and I think a Wednesday too...

If you are staying at Playa Blanca I can tell you some great beer/cafe stops and nice places to eat.

If I can help with anything else then let me know.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Oh and another thought if you take some good walking shoes or trainers it is well worth driving to the foot of and then walking up to the top of Mountana Roja.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Rancho Texas now has a water park at it too so could easily spend a near a full day there now. It wasn't there first time we visited but looked really good!

camel ride is nice to do to!

Also visit Puerto Calero marina can be small market on there sometimes and some shops. Some restaurants and a really nice cocktail bar. (Not sure where you are staying but if Puerto del Carmen you can get the water taxi over and back instead of driving if you wanted to have a drink)

Enjoy! love Lanzarote
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
We LOVE lanzarote and try to go every year to Playa Blanca, last year I managed to get there twice!

Timanfaya which has already been mentioned is good.

This year we did a 2hr Dune Buggy Tour, you can do 3 and to be honest I now wish we did the longer one as it is SO much fun. It is one of the best activities we have ever done. It was with Buggies Lanzarote, I can't recommend that enough,hi fab, fab...

buggieslanzarote/

We have also used Paracraft to book parascending and jet skiing they are both fun too...

Marina Reubicon has a nice little market on a Saturday and I think a Wednesday too...

If you are staying at Playa Blanca I can tell you some great beer/cafe stops and nice places to eat.

If I can help with anything else then let me know.
hi Lisa,we are staying at the h10 rubicon palace in playa Blanca,also hoping to go to the national park,the market sounds good
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
hi Lisa,we are staying at the h10 rubicon palace in playa Blanca,also hoping to go to the national park,the market sounds good
There are a few H10 hotels but that one I'm sure is towards the far end, near Faro area. It sits on the sea front with the promenade in front. If you come out of your hotel on to the prom and turn left you can walk right through to the harbour (it's not far to that point) that's where if you fancy you can go on the ferry as foot passenger or in a car actually and spend the day in Feuterventura. You then need to walk through the harbour car park area and walk up some steps back on to the promenade. This is then flat and goes the full length right to Marina Reubican. It will be quite a distance for you from hotel but easy do able and a very enjoyable walk. At a guess about 30/35 mins.

At the Marina Lanis Snack Bar or Restaurant are both excellent and their ice creams (available in both places or in the ice cream parlour area in the middle of the two) are to die for. All food on the snack menu is great. In the restaurant their steak is excellent. They also have the best coffee latte there too.

Along the way on the prom in the papagayo centre area there is a bar called Jungle bar. That's one of my favourite stops for either their coffee, beer or smoothies. DD loves their banana milkshake. In the same centre (block) upstairs above jungle bar is Casalo Franco Italian. Food is lovely and so are the staff.

Yum yum near the harbour (up the steps I mentioned and it's the first one as you start the promenade again) have good coffee to out they also have a nice selection of cocktails.

There are two Funde Grube shops selling designer items as well as other things. This year is the first year I haven't treated myself or hubby has on a new designer bag but as we are going to Florida later I thought I would buy one there. One Funde Grube is between you and the papagayo centre and the other one is at Marina Reubicon.

A few years ago now My DH and DS also used Cool Dive very near your hotel to do a diving experience. They both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Playa Blanca beach (Jungle bar looks out over that beach) has lots of the traditional water sports but as I said for jet skis the best deal is booking online with paracraft and they work out of Marina Reubicon.

Daily in a morning first thing I go out and walk a few miles 3-5 and always plan a coffee stop in either Lanis or Jungle bar depends where I walk.

With being in a hotel though do I presume you are all inclusive in which case you won't need restaurants.

Hope I haven't gone on too much but I have such a passion for this place, I LOVE IT. If I had the money I would buy a villa there without shadow of a doubt! X