Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Aug 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Standard View Boardwalk 2 bed villa

Hi
We are staying at Boardwalk in October in a standard 2 bed villa. Any tips on requests at online check in? Not the furthest room away from anywhere.

Thanks in advance
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The top floor is much shorter than the others so you won't have as long a walk. But we generally don't make a request and have ways had a good room. Our worst room was a close to Lobby request. It was but just above bell services and airline check in.

This year we are quite far down the corridor. But near he stairs to the bus and quiet pool so actually we've rarely walked to the lobby. There are lots of stairwells so most rooms have an alternative way out.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I actually like ground floor for standard view as you then get a huge choice of exits to facilitate where you want to go (bus stop, Hollywood studios, quiet pool or boardwalk. Love it.

I have a boardwalk view this time but only as I couldn't get standard despite it being my home resort and trying to walk the reservation.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Just checked into kidani and had the worst room I've ever had. Our balcony was practically in the parking circle for taxis and valet Parking.

It's made me think I will always request high floor. I don't mind looking at a car park but I don't want to sit in it.

We have been moved fortunately.

To be fair the grass at the Boardwalk is much deeper so there are only one or two rooms which will be affected by the parking.

Edited at 09:49 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Ground floor rooms at the Boardwalk can be quite dingy as there are usually bushes and trees that block the light. We have had 2 over the last 17 years. One was straight out into the clown pool which was great as our DS was 5 and we could just walk out. Then had one straight out onto the main drove- this was dark and awful.
We always ask for a high floor around room 100. So this year I have asked for room 3106 as we stayed there last year, is about half way down the corridor, near a stairwell and you can see the EPCOT fireworks from the balcony. 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all for your thoughts, maybe it's best to leave to chance? As long as I know what's not a good room when we get to check in ;
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Always at every hotel pick a high floor for noise reasons as we like it quiet.
Just used a HIlton in Hershey, Pennsylvania and it put Disney to shame.
Received an email day before asking to check in. Could actually pick my room from the availible ones on a detailed map of the hotel.
Then my mobile phone became the room key and when standing near a door (room door, pool door, laundry etc) you just pressed a button on the app and the door magically opened.
It was amazing, and this was a Hampton Inn.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Thanks all for your thoughts, maybe it's best to leave to chance? As long as I know what's not a good room when we get to check in ;
By then it's possibly too late. DVC operate at near 100% capacity and you could likely be told there is simply no other room to move you to. Happened to me at OKW.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
By then it's possibly too late. DVC operate at near 100% capacity and you could likely be told there is simply no other room to move you to. Happened to me at OKW.
Thanks - hope to get there early (staying somewhere else first few days), so hopefully not end up with the last room of the day
Old 13 Aug 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Thanks - hope to get there early (staying somewhere else first few days), so hopefully not end up with the last room of the day
Hi am afraid that may not help either- they are allocated the day before at least I was told. Unless you are not bothered, or want to just see where you are put, I would seriously think about putting in a request.