Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 13 Aug 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Question Best/Worst parks on a weekend?

Hiya,

Which parks are best/worst to visit on a weekend? I know to avoid waterparks on weekend so which out of the other 4 disney parks should we aim for on the saturday/sunday?

Thanks
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

For disney I would generally avoid the magic kingdom or a park with new stuff which is currently animal kingdom. Epcot and hollywood studios are your best bets.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Since you're there in Flower & Garden, Epcot will be busier on weekends too. But being a big park, it'll absorb the crowds better than somewhere like HS in its current state would.

My dates are similar to yours (think I arrive the following week) and the crowd trackers have all four parks on much the same crowd level. So pick the one that fits best into your plans. I would probably avoid AK on the Saturday though as it should have EMH, which will keep it busy all day with on-site guests that don't have park hopper passes.

Waterparks in April may not be too bad because it's only just starting to heat up, so the locals may not bother yet. But I'm not a waterpark fan so can't say I've looked into the crowd levels there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Since you're there in Flower & Garden, Epcot will be busier on weekends too. But being a big park, it'll absorb the crowds better than somewhere like HS in its current state would.

My dates are similar to yours (think I arrive the following week) and the crowd trackers have all four parks on much the same crowd level. So pick the one that fits best into your plans. I would probably avoid AK on the Saturday though as it should have EMH, which will keep it busy all day with on-site guests that don't have park hopper passes.

Waterparks in April may not be too bad because it's only just starting to heat up, so the locals may not bother yet. But I'm not a waterpark fan so can't say I've looked into the crowd levels there.
Hiya, where can I find the crowd trackers for next April please? and how do you know which parks will have what EMH yet? Thanks for your help
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Theme park hours at the top of this page will tell you busy days and parks to avoid
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

April guides are not yet. March just came out. So a couple of weeks to go.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mummybear View Post
Hiya, where can I find the crowd trackers for next April please? and how do you know which parks will have what EMH yet? Thanks for your help
April schedule isn't out yet (as mentioned above, it's at 180 days) but EMH have followed a pretty set schedule aside from the bonus Pandora hours for a while now so I'm not expecting much variation.

DIBB's busy day guide can help but doesn't give predictions. You can look at historical crowds for this April as a rough guide. But if you search for crowd predictors, you'll find quite a few other sites. Take them all with a pinch of salt though, as they're best guesses based on existing crowd patterns.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Agree with the above the busy day guides are just educated guesses.
So many people are using them now as they have to plan so far ahead with dining and FP+. Making everyone go to the same parks.

They are based on historical data which becomes obsolete when a park adds a new ride or land. There are so many changes at present in WDW.
Just use them as information to help you guess.
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mummybear View Post
Hiya,

Which parks are best/worst to visit on a weekend? I know to avoid waterparks on weekend so which out of the other 4 disney parks should we aim for on the saturday/sunday?

Thanks
We were there around same time this year. I think I would only plan a quick trip into the parks to do 3 FPs on either day.

We thought HS would be quietest so we went there on the Saturday but we spent hours just hanging about with nothing to do as no FP were available after our first three and very long queues everywhere. In fact there seemed to be people everywhere just like us, hanging aboutwherever there was space to sit down and looking pretty miserable to be honest.

On the Sunday we did CG brunch and then went to MK in the afternoon / evening. That was ok.

For next year I am planning to go shopping the middle Saturday and will be hanging around Stormalong Bay the middle Sunday. And just going to a park for a few hours in the evening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

We have just come back, and went to AK on Sunday 6th August, using the theory that:
we were offsite
there were no early morning magic hours

We had a great day, the only significant queue we did was flight of passage late aft at 115 minutes, having done it at rope drop - getting there early - and being off by 9.30am. We rode Safari, Dinosaur, and Primeval Whirl before 11.30 when our first FP for Everest came up. Did Kali on FP, and used an anytime fp we were given for our Tough to be a Bug fp being unused due to breakdown, for a second Everest. We only FP Tough to be a bug as we rearranged Safari due to being a walk on.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List