Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Aug 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

Plan so far

So travelling 9th to 23rd Nov. Got a few things booked already, we always do a bit of shopping first day, relax a bit. Plan so far (we have quite a few blank days at the moment - should we just go with the flow on these days?) Is too much planning a bad thing?

Daughter is 4 - hence the princess stuff!

Thurs 9th - Travelling
Fri 10th - Shopping / eat away from disney early ready for next day
Sat 11th Animal Kingdom (expecting it to be busy), Rain forest cafe booked evening meal - may / may not see firworks
Sun 12th Nothing for the day (Epcot?) Planet Hollywood booked evening meal
Mon 13th Magic Kingdom, Cinderella castle meal booked 1pm
Tues 14th Epcot, Coral Reef restaurant booked 13:10 Fireworks
Weds 15th Animal Kingdom or hollywood studios
Thurs 16th Magic Kingdom, 12:30 Be our guest / Firework MK (long day)
Fri 17th nothing planned
Sat 18th Hollywood studios, 7pm Mama Melrose, see fireworks after
Sun 19th rest day
Mon 20th nothing planned (Possible Basketball game 7pm evening)
Tues 21st Epcot T-Rex Cafe 5:30pm
Wed 22nd magic kingdom
Thurs 23rd (thanksgiving) Chef Mickey 8:55, shopping, fly home

List of things still not done, car hire, airport parking, book tickets for the christmas party at Magic kingdom (not sure which day yet - worthwhile booking?)
gazza5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Plan looks good.

With Disney IF you want specific times and restaurant/rides you should book dining and FP+ before you go. You can cancel them if you change your plans.
Unfortunately there is no such thing as too much planning with Disney.

Are you staying onsite/offsite?

Edited at 08:15 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

Staying on site at Disney Caribbean Beach Resort - not bothered about the works going on, and also with the credit we get it worked out cheaper than the cheapest resorts.

May use the car for the odd day if we plan on doing some shopping in the afternoon rather than getting the bus back, pick up car etc.

Been reading lots of trip reports to make sure we don't miss anything.

How many days should we roughly spend in each park?
gazza5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Nice. Credit is great

Rough estimation
Hollywood Studios - 1 to 2 days.
Epcot is huge and to fit in the Soarin', Test Track and Frozen with FP. 2 days
Animal Kingdom - 2 days to make sure you can get on Pandora rides
Magic Kingdom - For the rest of the days

I would generally schedule 2 days for all the parks. In case you miss something, the ride is down, weather is bad or you what to do a ride again.

Estimate roughly how long you will be in a park.
I usually estimate up between 60-90mins for ADR depending on restaurant, 60mins for a show, 30 mins for character M+G, 45mins for ride. Something like that.

Some people are finished in HS in hours because they only do the big rides.
We take up to 2 days as we try to do everything.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post

I would probably have the middle Saturday as a nothing planned day rather than the Monday or Friday near it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The 12th at Epcot will be heaving as it the final weekend of food and wine , crowds should calm down a little after that , then start peaking again towards the end . Are you not doing typhoon lagoon ? mvmcp? Your dd would love Father Christmas in the parade not sure when gp Father Christmas meet and greet starts in Disney springs either as you are going as we return.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 09:24 AM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the tips, we may move Epcot then, we have thought about typhoon lagoon etc, but it really depends on the weather.

We have solely booked disney, we did san diego in February so went to SeaWorld and legoland there, hence no seaworld in orlando this time for us.

Busch gardens I would like to do but we may see how we go with disney.

I think we will be on the frozen ride a lot, and my daughter loves meeting all the characters, loves big thunder mountain as well - prefers the thrill rides.

We did think about trying to avoid animal kingdom for the weekends with the new pandora world etc, may change our first day to going into one of the parks - it all depends on how we travel, if we are up at 5am (high possibility) maybe a morning in magic kingdom - although we could do epcot that day instead of the sunday.

Lots to think about. We will have a car, hence some eating in the evening will be done on international drive.
Old 21 Aug 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi we were at rainforest cafe AK two weeks ago it was the worst meal ADR we had all holiday, from getting our table, long wait then over an hour for food to arrive just main meals no deserts, so fed up asked for the bill half hour later no bill so got up and walked out, surprise our server turned up with bill. Food was ok nothing special left no tip as service was terrible. Wish we had listened to people on here and booked something else. T Rex was much better lovely service and food was great. We did busch gardens but alot of the rides we down its old and tired looking wont be going back. Rest of holiday looks great enjoy the planning its a must.

Edited at 09:44 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

My missus won't have a bad word said about Rainforest cafe - me myself really not bothered about it - overpriced in my opinion, was ok the first time but now find it boring, the rainforest thing to me is pants now.

Still we will have cheaper restaurants to eat out at down international drive etc, I know there is a chilli's not far from downtown disney (disney springs - stuck in the past me!) and a tgi fridays, but we like going to international drive and having a little walk after.

And go to uno steakhouse, maybe olive garden as well. Plus cheesecake factory, Black Angus steakhouse etc. Getting hunrgy just talking about them.
Old 12 Sep 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gazza5
Proud to wear my Ears

SO our plans have changed a bit but not much.

We now have Mickey Xmas party on Thursday 16th Nov, expensive but thought why not - this is the last time for a while in terms of disney.

So plan is now as follows:

Thurs 9th - Travelling
Fri 10th - Magic Kingdom due to magic hours, Shopping in afternoon and probably eat international drive before early night
Sat 11th Animal Kingdom (expecting it to be busy Fp Navi River Journey, Safari, Lion King show)), Rain forest cafe booked evening meal - may / may not see firworks
Sun 12th Nothing for the day at present, shopping no doubt Planet Hollywood booked evening meal
Mon 13th Magic Kingdom, Cinderella castle meal booked 1pm (FP 7 Dwarfs train, Big Thunder Mount, Tales with belle)
Tues 14th Epcot (FP Frozen, Nemo & Turtle talk), Coral Reef restaurant booked 13:10 Fireworks
Weds 15th Animal Kingdom (FP River rapids, Avatar Flight (me only), Dinosaur)
Thurs 16th Magic Kingdom (FP Meet Repunzal, Little Mermaid Journey, Meet ariel), 12:30 Be our guest / Firework MK (long day)
Fri 17th Epcot (soarin fast pass - will have to q for test track)
Sat 18th Hollywood studios (FP Frozen sing along, Voyage little mermaid,Beauty / beast show), 7pm Mama Melrose, see fireworks after
Sun 19th rest day
Mon 20th nothing planned Animal Kingdom / Epcot
Tues 21st Epcot / Hollywood studios T-Rex Cafe 5:30pm
Wed 22nd magic kingdom
Thurs 23rd (thanksgiving) Chef Mickey 8:55, shopping, fly home

The monday and tuesday are flexible days depending how much we get done / want to do.