Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Aug 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Last Travel day - Ideas?

We're flying with Virgin for the first time after having indirect flights previously, which leaves us with more time on our last day. We also have DS bag drop as we booked with VH.

I'm looking to make good use of this last day, but don't want to arrive at the airport hot and sticky after a day walking around in the sun and staying in the same clothes.

We need to leave the villa by 10am and can't book an extra night as there's someone coming in the same day.

My first thoughts are to go to a water park, as it will be relaxing and we can have showers and get changed in to travelling clothes. I'm also thinking of booking a cabana at say Aqautica in advance to make it a little more comfortable.

What do other people do who have more time on their last day? This is for 2a, 2c & we have Disney and Seaworld tickets.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I like to either go to the Magic Kingdom for one last look and ride (if not too hot) or a nice stroll around Disney Springs with a nice lunch. Partly depends on weather, tickets and time we need to be at the airport

Water park with a cabana sounds lovely!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

From a timing viewpoint we're on the 18:30 VS076 flight, and plan on arriving at the airport at 16:30 having completed Disney Springs check in at 08:30 and then going for breakfast.

We love MK as our last day, but don't do afternoons in the parks normally just mornings.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

You have plenty of time on your last day 😀, enjoy what ever you do.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I agree water park with a cabana sounds really lovely! We tend to spend our last day in Epcot, not necessarily riding anything but just taking a slow stroll around. We dump our luggage off at Disney Springs, then go to our favourite park in the whole world for a last, sad few hours ...

Problem with spending the last few hours at Disney Springs, for us, would be that we would be unable to resist the temptation to buy yet more stuff, which we would then have to try and cram into the hand luggage!
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Problem with spending the last few hours at Disney Springs, for us, would be that we would be unable to resist the temptation to buy yet more stuff, which we would then have to try and cram into the hand luggage!
That's why my hand luggage is often empty (everything in my partners bag) - plenty of space - and Jewellery is small
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Last year we drove to several resorts to have a look round .AoA ,OKW and SSR .it was lovely then drove to the airport which was not so lovely

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Paddcomp View Post
From a timing viewpoint we're on the 18:30 VS076 flight, and plan on arriving at the airport at 16:30 having completed Disney Springs check in at 08:30 and then going for breakfast.

We love MK as our last day, but don't do afternoons in the parks normally just mornings.
I personally i would allow at least 3 hours for the airport not 2.

I also checking at DS drop of car and security always around 3 hours.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would also allow 3 hours, in case of traffic or security delays. Both possible!

My plan is to wander around the World Showcase taking in F&G, and spending any remaining snack credits since we're on DDP. We're staying at Y&BC and getting DME though, so didn't want to head off too far in case of transport failures.

Otherwise I would go for a round of monorail hopping. Breakfast at the Poly, a last wander down Main Street then lunch at either CR or GF.

Edited at 06:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post

I would hate to do a waterpark on my last day! I like my hair and make up to be correct for travelling and don't think it would be if I has been to a waterpark. I also wouldn't go to a theme park beforehand unless I could shower and change before travelling.

We had 5.30pm flight, we decided not to do anything on our last day, kept the room until 1pm then headed to airport. We were in Club world so happy to hang around the lounge.

If I had to leave my accommodation at 10am, I would probably book a brunch and generally do something indoors. I also would also be setting off to the airport at 3pm for a 6.30pm flight not 4.30pm.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List