Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Aug 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The Usual Housekeeping Thread!

So we checked into SSR on Monday after one night in a value.

Room is fine albeit could have a better view however it's still pretty good.

Carpet soaking by the fridge, also the air con was playing up and wouldn't go below 70. Maintenance guy came out in 20 mins and fixed the air con quickly.
He said Housekeeping defrost the fridge by leaving the door open and letting it drain on the carpet

One light bulb not working by the bed. So who to blame for that? Has to be Housekeeping again as they are supposed to do room checks. Fixed the next morning whilst we were out.

So today was full clean. I left $5 and my Wife gives them a bar of chocolate for some weird reason.
So what did we get? Well everything apart from any loo roll and boxes of face tissues.

Now I consider myself to be clean but I would struggle without loo roll. Bunch of donuts!

Phoned up and what did they deliver. 6 rolls

I will update this post every 4 days as we all follow along the saga of the incompetent Housekeeping staff

Edit. Oh, just checked further. No paper plates or bowls either. Normally we don't use them but with the Granddaughter here they are handy for little snacks. Another phone call.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:34 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Oh great, defrost the fridge onto carpet, that'll be minging in the not too distant future!

Have a good holiday MrT
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I've had the soggy carpet episode at OKW in a studio. Surely to goodness the carpet is going to start rotting not to mention the smell it may generate. And don't even get me going about the towel farce we had at Grand Californian. Got two nights worth of DVC points back for that saga.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
More news I forgot! They don't supply mattress protectors any more for the sofa bed. How unhygienic
They are now an on request item, for goodness sake talk about penny pinching. Who in their right mind puts a sheet straight onto a sofa bed plastic!

Took two phone calls over two days to get one delivered.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did 6 nights in Bay Lake Tower last week, got trash and towel on our correct day and all supplies replenished. Had one light go out during our stay, reported on our way out in the morning and was fixed when we returned that evening
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I nearly asked you all to help me this year as I was going crazy trying to work out the days. been members since 2005 and don't think it has ever been right

over a 21 nights stay and say arrival day was a Monday what would be your housekeeping days,

I used to like when they had it noted on your reservation

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We are currently at Boardwalk and it was full clean on day 4 and trash and towels on day 8 and so on. Our day 4 was a Sat. This visit our housekeeping has been really good 😳. No issues at all!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We are currently at Boardwalk and it was full clean on day 4 and trash and towels on day 8 and so on. Our day 4 was a Sat. This visit our housekeeping has been really good 😳. No issues at all!
what was your check in day

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had a few issues this time -
Overflow on bath at vwl leaked under the floor tiles and across the kitchen floor.

Rang and asked for extra pillows and blankets and was brought less than requested.

Akl - no DVD player (free rentals perk?)
No paper plates or cutlery etc
Blocked vanity sink
Stained bedding

Bwv - masking tape still around light fittings
No DVD player
Very noisy aircon- called out maintenance

And what's with getting rid of the carpets with hidden mickeys!
Old 25 Aug 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can I just ask is this the same treatment anyone would get booking into an onsite hotel or do they regard you as a captive audience?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List