Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 28 Aug 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post

honeymoon first time trip plan!

Hi there!

We are honeymooning to Disney in October and I am beginning to panic as I have not made any concrete plans! (usually I am mega organised and have plans made etc)

We are staying at Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando.. and have all the park tickets Where do I go from here... We are debating hiring a car for a few days ... to help us out transport wise...

I have a basic spreadsheet with a few days here and there but would be extremely grateful if anyone can give additional hints, tips places to go!

Morning Afternoon
13-Oct Day one Free Day Free Day
14-Oct Day two Free Day magic kingdom
15-Oct Day Three Universal Universal
16-Oct Day Four animal kingdom magic kingdom
17-Oct Day Five Epcot Epcot
18-Oct Day Six Free Day Free Day
19-Oct Day Seven Volcano Bay Volcano Bay
20-Oct Day Eight
21-Oct Day Nine sea world
22-Oct Day Ten Shopping
23-Oct Day Eleven Busch Gardens
24-Oct Day Twelve
25-Oct Day Thirteen
26-Oct Day Fourteen magic kingdom animal kingdom
27-Oct Day Fifteen
28-Oct Home !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Hiya

The plan looks good. It just depends on what you would like to experience. I can see you have lots of free days planned in, which will definitely rejuvenate your energy for the theme parks! However, I would consider planning what you would like to do on those days. I have stayed at the Rosen Inn at Pointe before and although it's a good place to stay, there's not an awful lot to do to apart from sunbathe by the pool! Maybe research what you would like to do on those days.

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but I can't see Hollywood Studios on your itinerary. That would be a nice park to do in the evening. Also, I think to do EPCOT justice you may need to factor in another day of it. Does your Disney ticket include the water parks? They're amazing! Another thing (sorry I am rambling haha)... if your Universal pass is more than a 1 day pass, I would highly recommend including that some more.

It may also be worth noting that in the UK, October half term is usually around that time. At the school where I teach, ours is during the second week of your holiday. So I may be busier around that week.

In regards to transport, the Rosen Inn will provide complimentary transport to Universal and Seaworld. You will have to pay a fee for transport to Disney. The transport is fine, however I felt really restricted with the timings, particularly when being picked up from the parks.

Sorry if I have rambled too much! I hope this helps a little! I hope you have a lovely wedding.

Becca
Old 1 Sep 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Dont be sorry no thats fantastic.. alot of our free days I planned to save for us to revisit most of the parks/ our favourite places...

yes we have waterpark tickets I believe he has just booked everything for the full two weeks so need to plan those into the agenda... Definitely will put Epcot on another day and Universal will more than likely be my favourite place as I love HP...

Have you any tips on places for food.. I know theres lots of information on the boards ...

Thanks again for taking the time to reply
Old 6 Sep 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Personally I prefer to have a full diary of flexible days so that I can mix and match with individual preferences or the weather. I see that you have got one full day for Universal. Does that mean that you are only doing Universal or does it mean that you are doing both Universal and IOA in one day? I prefer one full day for each and depending on the queues maybe a bit more. As a rule of thumb for Disney allow at least 2 days MK, 2 days Epcot, 1 day AK and either 1 or half a day for HS. In the evenings you'll need 1 at MK, 1 at Epcot, 1 at AK and 1 at HS. You can get around by public transport but you will lose park time sat on buses. If you hire a car you can move around or change your plan as the mood takes you. Check out the menu on the right of this page and read the busy day guide. I think that you'll find that Monday in MK is really busy.