Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Aug 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
I had reservations but said I'd watch one just to see what it was like. Pretty much the same as it ever was, just with a different cast. It was annoying with the adverts though, will record and ff through them for future episodes.
We recorded it and FF the adverts.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Green G
Gone all Goofy

I found it a bit weird too, mainly the voice over bit strangely. It was still good and some of the show stoppers were really good. I will keep on watching for now to see if I get used to it.
Green G is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
My review? "Good bake!'

blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Never watch anything intensely, dipped in and out of previous series.

But, I bet the former presenters who thought they were 'bigger than the show' must be drowning their sorrows. Really enjoyed it and two fingers up at them... well done C4.
Old 29 Aug 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Loved it !

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

I enjoyed it. I would love it if they picked up The Sewing Bee as well!
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I thought it was ok, watched half an hour behind to skip the ads,

I preferred Prue to Mary - I thought the relationship between her and Paul seemed a bit more "grown-up-equals" rather than Mary Berry telling off an errant schoolboy.

And Noel and Sandy seemed to be "easy" together - they seem to like each other and there is less of the innuendo - thankfully!

I liked it. DD has already chosen her favourite - Kate (the hobby blacksmith!)

(DD has predicted the winner from the first episode for the last 3 bake-offs!)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm still not sure about Noel fielding still , but he certainly wasn't annoying enough to put me off watching, the ads did annoy me a bit but that can be tweaked like a few have already said by skipping them.
Star baker was a good call he did brilliantly and the bread and sandwich cake looked fab. Not sure if the first person to leave was the right call I'm not familiar with all the names yet but the lady with long blonde hair who did the handbag cake I bet she breathed a sigh of relief it wasn't her she had a bad first experience of the tent.
Will be watching next week 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

It wasnt bad but no where near the original. It seems as if they are ttying too hard to be the same in some ways. Some of the jokes seemed rather forced and Noel has the wrong voice to fo the voice over parts. The adverts, even with fastwarding are annoying and could eventually stop us watching... they should be after the judging bits not just before..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

I really enjoyed it. Was pretty much the same as the BBC series.

The adverts and voiceover didn't bother me at all, although I've been watching re-runs of the early seasons on Food Network (or similar) which has adverts, voiceovers and also cuts a lot out to allow for the adverts.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List