Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 30 Aug 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessMummy27
Helping Mickey

Mobile Wedding venue help! Eloping to Florida! Just Bride, Groom & 3 kids. Anywhere in Florida

Hoping for some help, advice & recommendations!
Looking to book our wedding squeezed into our Disney holiday early next year. But want to make it special, even with only the 5 of us. Looked at Disney Memories. $3800 ish, cost isnt an issue, just don't know if we'll feel like on a conveyor belt, as they do so many? Also not being able to wear my dress on the park, and photo shoots on park only early morning without the children, what would we do with ourselves after the wedding?
Looked at some nice beach locations, so any recommendations of a nice small venue by the beach. But again what do we do after? Is there a nice restaurant with a private room we could eat in? We would be uncomfortable in an Outback with full Wedding gear on 😂 But I wouldn't want to change as this is my one day to wear a crazy dress!
It feels like an impossible mission to plan a day & evening, and to do on our own, and amuse little ones, 12,6&4 while keeping the magic!
We'll be staying in a villa in Kissimmee, but don't mind booking 2nights in a hotel in the right location.
We don't want to regret not 'doing it properly' but out gut feeling is this is right for us.
Thank you
PrincessMummy27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I wonder if you could hire a nanny for the day to help with the children ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessMummy27
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We are happy having the kids part of the wedding, we just want to keep us all entertained after the wedding 🌟
PrincessMummy27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

We used Stay Happy Stay in Love for our wedding. They have loads of different packages available.

What about heading to a Disney signature restaurant & then a cruise for the fireworks? I've seen loads of people keep their dresses on when doing this.

I got changed into a different dress after my wedding but all the guys kept their kilts on - we ate at a Chinese on I-Drive so I wouldn't have felt comfortable in my dress .
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessMummy27 View Post
We are happy having the kids part of the wedding, we just want to keep us all entertained after the wedding 🌟
I didn't mean to keep them away but to keep them occupied pre and post wedding like when you are getting ready or having photos they aren't in (obviously you'll have both) , making sure they have drinks , diverting them if there's any hanging around , more like an extra pair of hands.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're thinking of getting married on a private sale boat. You can hire for just a couple of hours or the day I think.
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessMummy27
Helping Mickey

Thank you Duchy, sorry I misunderstood!
We are going to split into team, girls team & boys team to get ready.
I love the boat and cruise idea, I was thinking that and the Memories wedding.
Or beach wedding and fancy restaurant somewhere. It's so hard! And you only get one go at it!
Old 31 Aug 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We got married in Leu Gardens, there was only the two of us but what a magical day.

Stunning grounds.

Stayed in a villa and had a limo to and from the venue.

Then had a wonderful meal after overlooking the fireworks.

Amazing special day. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

The same day with children as well would have been just as special.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

We got married at the Hard Rock Café, had lunch there, lay by the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel all afternoon then saw the Blue Man Group in the evening. Just us and our 3 kids, nothing formal, just chilled and fun
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We got married at Paradise Cove at Lake Buena Vista

paradisecoveorlando

It wasn't too dear and was a gorgeous location. You have Bahamas Breeze close by so could have drinks or a meal after. We got cabs from our villa in Kissimmee.