Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Cabin Categories on RCI & NCL

We're just back from our Alaskan Adventure with Disney and as usual no sooner does one trip end I'm thinking about our next

I did book a couple of placeholders for DCL but doubt we will use them, as a family of 5 the sailings out of Europe are now too much compared to a few years ago so have been considering trying RCI or NCL.

Our girls are now 12 and 16 so considered as adult prices, we usually take my mum too and I'm looking for advice or recommendations about what the cabins are like on these lines and what composition may work best for us as I have no clue. We've always sailed in either whitewall veranda or oceanview on DCL.

If anyone has any experience with this or advice to offer I'd really appreciate it. Thinking possibly of 3 staterooms as I don't think their cabins are as big as DCL?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have the 2 of us and DS16 in one cabin on both of those cruise lines. I would have said 2 cabins would be fine for 5 of you. We have sailed NCL 3 times and RCI once but have one of each booked for next year. The one we are doing at easter is for my 40th and family are joining us on the NCL Gem and my sister, bil and nieces aged 13 & 12 have an inside cabin for the 4 of them.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We have the 2 of us and DS16 in one cabin on both of those cruise lines. I would have said 2 cabins would be fine for 5 of you. We have sailed NCL 3 times and RCI once but have one of each booked for next year. The one we are doing at easter is for my 40th and family are joining us on the NCL Gem and my sister, bil and nieces aged 13 & 12 have an inside cabin for the 4 of them.
Thank you, do you mind me asking what category of cabin you've stayed in and how you found them?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Certainly on RCI the inside cabins only have the pullman beds which was a no for us. We booked 2 cabins this year. Next year its just the three and we again wondered what best to do. Don't like the pullman idea with a 6ft plus 14 year old. At the end of the day we booked a family outside room on deck 12 of the Navigator. This has a sofabed instead. Tends only to be balony cabins which have the sofa beds. The cabin for boy on his own was costing only slightly less than having 2 people in it.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Hyper_Stitch View Post
Thank you, do you mind me asking what category of cabin you've stayed in and how you found them?
Of course not! On the NCL Jade we had a balcony the first time and an inside the second trip. DS was 9 on the first time and the sofa became a sons dohble for him. In the inside cabin he was 13 by then and although the cabin was a touch smaller and the has to sleep on the single overhead pull down bed it didn't matter too much as he spent very little time with us and was with his friends all of the time apart from sleeping!
On the NCL Epic and the Annthem of the seas we also have balconies with double sofa beds and on the Disney Magic we had an oceanview.
We had no real issues with any of the cabins apart from we were not keen on the layout of the Epic.
If you were to book 2 balcony cabins then that would give you 4 double beds between the 5 of you.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List