Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Sep 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
attraction-tickets-direc.../explorer-pass

The Exploror Pass details from ATD is above with the list of over 50 attractions you can choose from. They also sell City Pass. We choose Exploror Pass as it had more options but both save money.

Ours were sent with a courier the day after we ordered them with ATD so excellent service.

All the attractions I listed were covered by the Exploror Pass. We were there for 4 nights, we loved it and would love to return one day, lots to do and see.
Thanks for that.

I'm making notes as we speak. It looks like I need to check these tickets out and then make sure that they cover all the attraction we fancy.

I like the idea of having them before we travel too. So much easier!

I've always wanted to go to NYC and it's not on our plans to return any time soon so want to make the most of it. Mind you we said that about Florida in 2007 and here we are in2017 8 trips later...

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

You mentioned about museums. We visited Natural History and Met museums. We didn't find Natural History museum very good, it was very big and we got a bit bored. The dinosaur part and some of it was interesting but we said afterwards that we wished we had chosen somewhere else. I'm sure other Dibbers may disagree but if museums aren't your thing, I don't think you would enjoy it.
Met museum however, we really enjoyed and could have spent longer in it. But again, we are art lovers and one of our party studied Art for her degree and my daughter also studies art. It is an art lovers dream as there is so much to see, all set in an amazing building but if art isn't for you, you may not enjoy it so much.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

You won't miss much at all, I love art and some sculptures and in each place I found only a couple of bits i liked (Van Gogh and Picasso mostly)

The 2 attractions I would have added instead are - The Tour (a bus) or 9/11 tribute museum / the circle line water tour or possibly the beast.

It's worth looking at your times and how many things you can do (I aimed at 2 booked per day then things like shopping and wandering about. I travel solo so I got quite a bit done (90 miles on foot in 12 days!)

This is the link to the full attraction list
smartdestinations/ne...td_Nyc-p1.html
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley Cassidy
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah it worked out cheaper for us because we wanted 48 hours hop on hop off bus in stead off one day as most off the passes only had one day ones and we booked the crown separately we are also going for a week
Lesley Cassidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We have the 7 attraction explorer passes,for our upcoming trip.
We also got them through ATD.great service & received them really quickly.
I worked out,what we wanted to do & we will definitely save money with it,also I'm another one,who likes to pay for things in advance,so it's not coming out of our spending money.
Really looking forward to it.
Tracy x

Edited at 01:23 AM.
tracy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by brinbunny View Post
You won't miss much at all, I love art and some sculptures and in each place I found only a couple of bits i liked (Van Gogh and Picasso mostly)

The 2 attractions I would have added instead are - The Tour (a bus) or 9/11 tribute museum / the circle line water tour or possibly the beast.

It's worth looking at your times and how many things you can do (I aimed at 2 booked per day then things like shopping and wandering about. I travel solo so I got quite a bit done (90 miles on foot in 12 days!)

This is the link to the full attraction list
smartdestinations/ne...td_Nyc-p1.html
I think that's what I have in my mind, 2 booked thing a day and some wandering in between to soak up the atmosphere.
Not sure whether I'm a bit optimistic though. There's 4 of us so I don't think we'll cover as much ground as you! That's impressive.

Thanks for the link. I'll look at that later.

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
We have the 7 day explorer passes,for our upcoming trip.
We also got them through ATD.great service & received them really quickly.
I worked out,what we wanted to do & we will definitely save money with it,also I'm another one,who likes to pay for things in advance,so it's not coming out of our spending money.
Really looking forward to it.
Tracy x

Oooh not long for you now.
Yes ATD look to be a good option. How long are you going for? 7 days like your explorer pass ?

Will you ve doing a trippie ? Or shall I just bookmark you and bombard you with questions on your return lol!?!?!?

Xx Ff xX
Old 12 Sep 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Oooh not long for you now.
Yes ATD look to be a good option. How long are you going for? 7 days like your explorer pass ?

Will you ve doing a trippie ? Or shall I just bookmark you and bombard you with questions on your return lol!?!?!?

Xx Ff xX
Sorry,edited my post,to say 7 attraction explorer pass,not 7 day.my mistake
We are only going for 4 nights,as I go again,on the 30th Nov,for 5 nights.
The second time,is with the girls,so a totally different trip.
I love reading trip reports,but never attempted one myself,but if you have any questions,I will do my best to answer.
Tracy x
Old 12 Sep 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Sorry,edited my post,to say 7 attraction explorer pass,not 7 day.my mistake
We are only going for 4 nights,as I go again,on the 30th Nov,for 5 nights.
The second time,is with the girls,so a totally different trip.
I love reading trip reports,but never attempted one myself,but if you have any questions,I will do my best to answer.
Tracy x
Oh wow! Lucky you, twice! You must really like New York?!?

I understand about the trippies too. I don't think I'd be able do one either! And thank you for that. If I think of any questions ,you're my 'go to woman' lol!

Xx Ff Xx
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
If you want to cram loads in a short period of time then the New York Pass is good. We had it for 3 days. It gives you 2 days of HOHO busses, plus 80 attractions, most of which have "skip the queue" lines.
In our 3 days we used it for the following:
2 days of HOHO bus
ESB
Top of the Rock
SOL + Ellis Island
9/11 museum
USS Intrepid
Circle Line boat trip
Backstage tour of Radio City Music Hall
The Ride
Madam Tussauds

saved us $100 each by using the pass.
But you have to cram a lot into a short period of time

We had another day and went to Central Park Zoo, Highline, places that weren't covered by the pass.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List