Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

My son goes on Saturday, the same day my youngest sits her 11+. At the moment he's going to travel back home to work each weekend as just been promoted to supervisor, he works as a tutor. I've not really thought much of it at the moment I'm sure he'll be fine, I hope he'll be fine! My eldest graduated in July and has just moved back home having split up with her boyfriend! She starts a new job tomorrow, It's gonna be a busy week ahead for my crew!
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Welly
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

DD starts her 3rd year this week - but in America. Off on Thursday, now that will be a wrench. She's away for 12 months, back a day and straight back to uni for her last year, so really she'll be away for 2 years.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Welly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When my son went I was very sad, missed him like crazy, we talked on messenger every night and said goodnight. He came back in June and was a nightmare to live with, after having his independence he couldnt handle routine and rules. He was very upset to be back home and was moody, rude and withdrawn. He just had graduation which was a brilliant day, He starts a part time job at The Disney Store on friday and at last I seem to have my son back!
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
princess nicky
Apprentice Imagineer

My Ds will be starting Uni on Saturday and will be 173mi away.
We are going to stay in a hotel near the Uni for 4 nights, so we will be around if he needs us for anything.

I am going to be fine!
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Welly View Post
DD starts her 3rd year this week - but in America. Off on Thursday, now that will be a wrench. She's away for 12 months, back a day and straight back to uni for her last year, so really she'll be away for 2 years.
Oh blimey! That will be hard.
I'm going to settle her in and leave when I'm told. Going to spend the night at my sisters then pop back to see if she realises she needs anything else then drive home. Not sure if my 14 year old should come along too. I might not be able to fit him in the car but I think he's going to miss her more than he realises😩
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

My daughter returns for her second year in two weeks' time though we are making the trip up there next weekend with all her things, it does get easier folks. X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Going back some 21 years (eek!) my eldest DD went to do her nurse training in Newcastle... I took her up on the Sunday, left her and came home... was fine till I realised I was plating her a meal up... then I cried my eyes out, my DH was devastated he said it would be months before we saw her again... was it heck... Thursday she came home for a long weekend and every weekend after that she was home... never had chance to miss her...
Seriously, yes you will miss them but make the most of having a bit of peace and quiet... and less washing/ cleaning/ cooking etc... they'll be home before you know it...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
millerj
Helping Minnie

It does get easier until it gets harder

My ds1 has done 2 years 170 miles away and the first few months were tough (for me anyway) but once into a routine much easier and I found I appreciated our time together so much more

This year though he is even further away as he is in eastern Canada as part of his degree and won't be back until June 2018. We are visiting for a week in Feb but it's along time to be away from my baby

What would we do without Facebook, Skype twitter etc!
millerj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Welly View Post
Wow that is a big separation. Good luck. Are you visiting her in the USA?
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

We moved my DS into his flat yesterday... 1 hr way... starts Uni tomorrow... not quite sure how I . feel... a bit odd... messaged him today got a repy this AM then nothing PM, ...hey ho! More important things to do apparently!

Where do the years go...

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List