Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

We have just returned from Orlando and were staying in a villa at West Haven so were actually in the eye of the storm. Yes before and after that on Sunday night/Monday morning it was a bit hairy to say the least but finances depending we will be back next year.
Old 18 Sep 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
V8Pops
Dancing with Tink'

First America had Irma to put up with ...Now, in 10 days time... they will have ME to put up with...Sorry, `Merica
So no, it hasnt put us off .
V8Pops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Nope!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

No - nothing would put me off. There is potential risk in everything you just have to consider the balance. We travelled to New York 6 weeks after 9/11, we travelled to Seattle the day after the Trade Centre riots, millions of people still travel to London despite the terrible things that have happened recently. Chances are nothing will happen, and if they do there are plans in place to support everyone. We have travelled to Florida 4 times now in late August early September and beside the rain have not experienced anything worse thankfully. If we stay away we remove the livelihood of the locals - and end up having to go on holiday to places we would rather not!

it could be worse Ryan Air could fly there!
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
No. We lost a day last year as we should have flown the day Matthew hit, but we are going the same weeks next year. We once went in April and were nearly evacuated because of forest fires, which was really scary. Weather extremes can happen at any time of year, and anywhere.
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It hasn't put me off, although we were thinking of booking a 2019 trip for the first 2 weeks in october and now i'm wondering whether to push the dates back a week or 2 even though it means columbus day weekend and flight price increases due to school holidays... not sure... it doesn't put me off going though! Just reconsidering dates slightly
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Burny Sizz
slightly serious Dibber

Nope not all all. In a selfish way I hope it makes people book at other times of the year as it's got noticeably busier over the last years at this time of the year due to the Halloween events.

In all honesty these can happen at anytime of the year but particularly between June and November. I believe the first recorded one way April this year I might be wrong though. That could've been he one to hit Florida. You take your chances unfortunately it comes with the area in the world it's located.
Burny Sizz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List