Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Sep 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Muggles View Post
We are going for the first time next year and have bands as part of our package. Forgive me for being thick but how do you view the photos/videos. Do they appear on MDE?
Yes. Just like magic lol when they take your photo they scan your magic band thats attached to your MDE account like wise if on 7 dwarfs mine train it recognises you were on the ride and the photos just appear. You can then access and download them via the app or tablet and save them or wait till you get home and download them onto your laptop or computer or of course you can download them onto all 3 its up to you! Its fab!
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clairenutter View Post
Definitely. Not just for the extra videos and the fact that you get the videos and photos on certain rides (frozen and 7 dwarfs if you don't have a magic band you don't get the photo or and video what ever is taken there maybe more attractions there the ones that spring to mind) its so so so much easier. Each time you get your photo taken they with the photopass photographers they scan your wrist (if you don't have a magic band you would have a photo pas card and would need to have it scanned.) When your using a FP they scan your magic band or entering a park. You would have your park ticket in and out your bag or wherever you keep the ticket if you don't have a band. We bought one last year and I will definitely be buying a new ones this year. SO so handy!
Hi so... advice v much appreciated, me hubby and 2 girls 7 and 9 don't have magic bands. Just tickets.. what would u do just give in and buy 4? Or 2 or 1 or none lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Oxo_mom View Post
Hi so... advice v much appreciated, me hubby and 2 girls 7 and 9 don't have magic bands. Just tickets.. what would u do just give in and buy 4? Or 2 or 1 or none lol
Its really up to you. You could buy one which you could then use each time you get a photo taken but might easier to get all one if you plan on using lots of Fast passes because each time you use a fast pass you need to scan your ticket or magic band which means you will pulling out park tickets everytime. We just got the cheapest type magic bands there are ones that have Disney characters and designs on them that are more expensive. The cheapest are around $12.99 plus tax. You can get them at the Disney shop at the airport when you arrive, at Disney Springs or in a Disney Park. If you are staying at a Disney hotel you all get given a Magic Band for free and it also acts as your room key.
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

if you thinking about band for all 4 people consider booking 1 night at the camp site and get the bands plus days of parking. if may work out cheaper plus you get 60day booking for fp.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clairenutter View Post
Its really up to you. You could buy one which you could then use each time you get a photo taken but might easier to get all one if you plan on using lots of Fast passes because each time you use a fast pass you need to scan your ticket or magic band which means you will pulling out park tickets everytime. We just got the cheapest type magic bands there are ones that have Disney characters and designs on them that are more expensive. The cheapest are around $12.99 plus tax. You can get them at the Disney shop at the airport when you arrive, at Disney Springs or in a Disney Park. If you are staying at a Disney hotel you all get given a Magic Band for free and it also acts as your room key.
Ok that's not so bad tbh didn't realise they were as low priced aa that, not sure what I was looking at when i did.
I might just get them then, seems we will miss out on the quirky pics if we don't xx

I have looked at the camp but don't know how that would work. We are booked to stay off site
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
t2ggergal
Serious Dibber

Would i have time to buy one from the airport if i'm on a coach transfer?
t2ggergal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Oxo_mom View Post
I have looked at the camp but don't know how that would work. We are booked to stay off site
You don't actually have to stay at the camp. Just get there in the morning, check-in, pick up your MagicBands, and then go.

It's just that the cost of a night onsite might cost less than the cost of MagicBands for everyone and two days parking at the parks. Plus, as mentioned earlier, you can book fastpasses 60 days beforehand rather than 30 days.

Originally Posted by t2ggergal View Post
Would i have time to buy one from the airport if i'm on a coach transfer?
Probably. You just have to head to the Disney EARport store at the airport, choose a MagicBand you like there, pay for it, and then head to wherever you're getting your coach transfer from. I guess it might take an extra 5 or 10 minutes?

I suppose it sort of depends on how well you know Orlando Intl airport and how delayed you are in getting off the plane, going through immigration, and picking up your suitcases.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

It made us laugh when we were there a couple of weeks ago, you had all these Magical things happening at Disney through the Magic Bands, 7DMT video, IASW names, Everest posters and so on. We then rode E.T. Adventure at Universal again and "Spielsberg's Assistant" is still frantically typing our names before we go in just so E.T. can say our name, how times have changed.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You don't actually have to stay at the camp. Just get there in the morning, check-in, pick up your MagicBands, and then go.

It's just that the cost of a night onsite might cost less than the cost of MagicBands for everyone and two days parking at the parks. Plus, as mentioned earlier, you can book fastpasses 60 days beforehand rather than 30 days.
We are past 30 days now x I had a quick look last night but it didn't come up with any options so not sure if too short notice or server not working properly. Will try look again later thanku!
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

I take it if i have linked tickets.. i can still link bands? Will it all just connect up together by itself... like magic ?