Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 12 Sep 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

how to use the DAS (only done DLP)

So in Disneyland Paris we enter via the disabled entrance for every ride that our daughter is riding on, no matter the length of the regular queue.
We do this as the disabled entrance is less chaotic (usually) and we were advised to do this as CMs can keep better track of disabled persons using the attraction when they use the Pass rather than it not being shown if the queue is short.
I am looking on touring plans and trying to see what kind of waits we should expect etc. If a regular queue is only 5 or 10 minutes should we still be using our daughters DAS or will she be expected to wait in the regular line ?
I notice that on an early start on MK a few of the rides she will go on have these kind of shorter waits, can we go from one ride to the next using her pass. I ask because I see in WDW the pass is manually filled in by a CM when you ride, what happens when you run out of space on the pass, must we return to the Town Hall for a new one ?
thankyou

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

DD used DAS when we went over the summer. We had magic bands rather than physical tickets and were using MDE on our phones.

Our first park was Epcot so we went into Guest Relations and as DD was the one needing the DAS they put that on her magic band and then linked everyone else in the party to her DAS.

When we went to rides, the return time for the DAS was the time that was the current standby time - i.e. if standby was 60 mins, then she was told to return in 60 mins and it was linked to her magic band. When we returned in 60 mins we then went down the fast pass line. The DAS included the whole party (there were 8 of us), but she had to be first down the line and she had to ride - no one else could use the DAS without her.

The DAS time booked showed on MDE and she was only able to book one at a time so either had to ride or cancel before the next one could be booked.

Hope this helps.

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

That does help Hipthehippo. Thankyou.

So when using a magic band, as we will be, we do not get a paper DAS ?

I dont mind return times, I mean my daughter does a little but who wants to wait . I'd rather we waited outside the noisy queue than from within it.

So with a 10 minute queue I could find a seat close by, sit my family down and pop up to get the return time myself and then return with our daughter (and the rest of us, family of 5) when the 10 minutes are up ?

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

No - no paper DAS - it's all done electronically.

As far as I'm aware, yes, you can do that - one of our party did it when we were thinking about doing FOP, but most of the time DD booked it herself. They were also really helpful in cancelling a DAS booking of we decided we didn't want to wait that long (FOP was running at 180 mins when we were there in August and DD was too exhausted to wait in the end). But, bear in mind that we were told that to cancel a DAS booking you had to go back to the ride and cancel it there - it couldn't be cancelled at another ride. You could also only have one DAS at a time.

Don't know if that might be slightly different when you go as by the looks of your countdown it should be much quieter than when we went July/August this year.

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List