Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Sep 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Londoners - ideas please

DH and I are coming down for 2 nights for the NFL Saints v Dolphins game at the end of the month. We're staying in Marylebone and as well as NFL tix for the Sunday we have seats for Wicked on the Sat night.

When we get there at lunchtime on the Saturday we plan to dump our stuff and head to Regent Street for the NFL pre game thing (well DH will, I'll probably spend the afternoon on Oxford Street shopping ).

On the Sunday, I'd like to get Brunch somewhere before we head to Wembley. Any suggestions?

We also have most of Monday free before flying home. We'll most likely nip to Harrods for a babys first Christmas bauble/teddy for my little girl, but other than that have the day free to lunch/slowly wander.

Its our first trip away just the two of us since our little girl arrived last year so I want to get a balance between making the most of the time but keeping the pace relaxed. Any areas of London you would recommend for a wander/explore?
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Good plan to eat and drink away from Wembley, not a lot round there. Borough Market is nice for snacks and a browse around amazing food stalls but not open Sunday. Aside from NFL what sort of activities and food are you into, it's a big city!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry the CMG but right next to the main stadium at Wembley is the London Designer Outlet. There are 22 different eat / drink places to choose from within 5 minutes walk.

londondesigneroutlet/...ry/restaurants
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
fair enough and no offence I'd still be eating/drinking well away from there - the whole of London to choose from
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Your choice - but when there are 22 places on the doorstep...
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
OP had already implied eating before getting to Wembley and I was just agreeing that that this was the best bet. The majority of those places in the 22 are generic chains in countless multiplexes and malls nationwide. There's also a load of hot dog stands and I'm not recommending those either.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
Old 15 Sep 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Like I said your choice and your recommendation. I'll leave it at that.