Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 17, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBoy1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Devastated we broke up help?

Hey guys so so upset tonight I split up with my partner of 3 years and thers no going back we have a room booked at all star sports for Sep 29 to 13th October flights booked with Thomas cook and tickets threw attraction tickets direct I'm not sure but I take it I won't be able to get any of the money back any Help would be appreciated guys 😩
DisneyBoy1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm sorry , that's sad to hear , hope you're ok and feeling positive despite this .
If it were me.. I'd have the solo trip of a lifetime , discover myself , take time out , reflect and meet new amazing people who are also solo tripping , many do it and one day I plan to do it myself ! Not trying to sound insensitive , hope this isn't seeming so , but honestly I think I'd go for it ! Seize the day !

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Really sorry to hear this. I hope it was a mutual decision, to hopefully make it better to deal with. Not trying to downplay the devastation of any relationship breaking down.

Can't help with advice regarding tickets, flights etc, but a solo trip does sound better than losing your money.

Deb
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Now I know it's very different for me but there is no,where else in the world I'd travel,solo,
Love my solo,trips and I don't do Disney that often but we are APH for Universal Sea world and Busch and I have no,problem what so ever going to anynof them on my solo,trips and the last trip.in August didnthe biggy for me ate out in restaurant twice and you know what I wasn't the only one
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about this.

As others have said, would a solo trip be an option? If you both still want to go, you might have to look for another room for the duration if you understandably don't want to share a room anymore (can look at Disney US, Expedia, other sites for availability) but this way you could both go and essentially have separate holidays?

(I solo trip Disney a lot and it's great fun going solo!)
Old 15 Sep 17, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear this. Is there anyone else who could take your ex place on the trip? If not then i would go solo, and just try to make the most of some time out. X
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyBoy1 View Post
Hey guys so so upset tonight I split up with my partner of 3 years and thers no going back we have a room booked at all star sports for Sep 29 to 13th October flights booked with Thomas cook and tickets threw attraction tickets direct I'm not sure but I take it I won't be able to get any of the money back any Help would be appreciated guys 😩
Sorry to hear that.

To answer your original question, No you won't be able to get a refund on your tickets, and a maximum of the taxes refunded on your flights which won't be a lot, sorry if that sounds brutal.:confused

Others have mentioned the solo trip option ( or even take a family member/friend? ). I'd personally go on the holiday rather than take the derisory amount you'd ( possibly ) get back for the flight taxes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ufm
VIP Dibber

ufm's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Solo rider lines are the best! Even take a family member or a friend, perhaps change the room configuration to accommodate that. Bottom line is you should go and focus on the future. Me and my wife split two and half years ago and it destroyed me, but i'm going back to the magic this year and although it will feel a little strange it's for me. Your holiday is for you and so it should be exactly that. Hope things work out.
2012 Going DIY for a try :-) Trip Report
2010 Indian Creek Villa - Trip Report
2008/Enclave Suites 2007/Ramada IDrive
ufm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this. I agree you should think of going alone. I have not done it myself but can imagine what it would be like and would be perfectly happy to give it a go. There is so much to do and so many people to meet. Everyone is friendly there and when you are not busy exploring and meeting people, think of all the relaxing you could do by the pool in beautiful weather. x

A few of my friends have been on solo trips - not to Disney - and always end up making new friends and having a whale of a time.

Edited at 11:28 AM.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

Go solo!

My boyfriend of 8 years finished with me the morning of our trip many years ago.

I regret nothing more then not going on the holiday on my own. All that money went down the drain along with the 8 year relationship. I really wish I went on my own every time I think about it.

As others have said it'll be some time out that you will need and what better place then in Florida 😊
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List