Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15 Sep 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Cheers Disney for nothing

We were there. Lost power on the sunday night we were flying home on Tuesday.

In the end it never came back so a bit of a pain...

Friends staying at Pop Century were telling us lots of people had checked out and it was pretty much empty.

So we thought, leave villa, spend last night there. Told that Disneys booking system was down and no-one without a reservation could stay the monday night.

I find that hard to believe. I work in IT and know, for a fact, that any Disney IT systems would be back online in hours (even if they're local to florida which I doubt - more likely to be cloud based anyway).

Very poor. More like Disney could not be bothered to help.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Or possibly that they were prioritising the care, welfare and service of their existing guests?

Damned if they do and damned if they don't?
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

1st world problems
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Yes because disney would obviously turn away paying customers because they "couldn't be bothered."
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paulfoel View Post
So we thought, leave villa, spend last night there. Told that Disneys booking system was down and no-one without a reservation could stay the monday night.

I find that hard to believe. I work in IT and know, for a fact, that any Disney IT systems would be back online in hours (even if they're local to florida which I doubt - more likely to be cloud based anyway).

Very poor. More like Disney could not be bothered to help.
Don't be so sure - you've obviously never experienced the joys of the DVC members website A few months ago they had a systems upgrade which resulted in them "losing" 3 dvc resorts from the reservations system - it was 5 days before they were able to get it sorted
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

You aren't going to get the support you were hoping for with this thread, but I suspect you know that already.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
Don't be so sure - you've obviously never experienced the joys of the DVC members website A few months ago they had a systems upgrade which resulted in them "losing" 3 dvc resorts from the reservations system - it was 5 days before they were able to get it sorted
The only cloud Disney computers have is the steam from their ancient systems. Their IT needs a total overhaul. It doesn't help when they suddenly sack hundreds of workers as they did in 2015.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
The only cloud Disney computers have is the steam from their ancient systems. Their IT needs a total overhaul. It doesn't help when they suddenly sack hundreds of workers as they did in 2015.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mobile

Disney also used loads of rooms up for people who couldn't leave due to cancelled flights. Plus they needed 100's of rooms for their own staff who worked three days straight with the odd five hourbtrak

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

I suspect there were also staffing issues, with many staff having their own problems with property damage, clean up and lack of power to deal with so they may not have been able to get into work. I wouldn't be surprised if they were unable to take guests if rooms couldn't be turned round for them.

I'm sorry you had an uncomfortable few days, it can't have been a nice way to spend the end of your holiday.
Closed Thread