Notices

Old 15 Sep 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

More development in the Tropics.

Looking with trepidation at the possibility of more storms developing in the Tropics. Possibility of another storm heading towards the Bahamas at the end of next week. Don't need any more stress in my life just need a holiday. Floridians must be a tough bunch dealing with this every year.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm Bay New 9 and klystron 9 obssed check,it every day from here and when at the villa as soon as I wakenhave the TV on Here I never put the TV on our neighbours say if we had a panic every time a storm front rolls in Florida would be bankrupt it's life be prepared and move on
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

There are possible developments showing all the time it does not mean they will develop
Old 16 Sep 17, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Being on vacation or being retired and a Florida resident I could deal with it. But being a resident with a school age family and work issues I don't think I would live here.
That must be quite stressful and my heart goes out to them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
There are possible developments showing all the time it does not mean they will develop
Agreed. I think if you lived here you'd need to switch off to most of these mid-Atlantic storms until actually forecast to hit.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 04:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Of course more are developing - it's the hurricane season, which peaks in September! That is what happens - one forms every few days - it is perfectly normal. Some don't develop into named storms, and those that do go in all different directions.
Anyone worried about hurricanes should just avoid June-Nov. It will be less humid, with less rain too.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Tropical Storm Marie is apparently following Irma's route. I know a lot can change but with just 10 days until our flight I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Latest path. Could be an interesting week

Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Of course more are developing - it's the hurricane season, which peaks in September! That is what happens - one forms every few days - it is perfectly normal. Some don't develop into named storms, and those that do go in all different directions.
Anyone worried about hurricanes should just avoid June-Nov. It will be less humid, with less rain too.
I would love to Avoid the Hurricane season, April is my favourite time before or after easter but the school has other ideas!
Old 16 Sep 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Here we go again... 😕
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List