Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
our leeds to Montpellier flights on Thursday are ok , but had to wait till last announcement to find that out , 1st time I had booked with Ryanair as no one else flies that route from the north , have always avoided them before as they have a poor customer service record , looks like they have done themselves no favours with this debacle.

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Yes I feel the need to put the boot in. They are despicable in many ways but the treatment of disabled people was last straw for me. Try googling. There are some things not worth a cheap flight for. This company has zero ethics. I am just up the road from their Stansted hub but I would rather never go on holiday again than fly Ryanair.
Our experience with Ryan air and my severely autistic nephew was all positive, they were great from sorting out seats with online chat, fast pass security at airport, hold luggage, all free of charge, being last and first off and all through the flight.
Everyone has good and bad experiences with all airlines, we fly Ryan air 2 to 3 times a year, and never had any problems.
This is a mistake on their part, but hasn't put me off booking with them again in the future.
roxie2001 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
Our experience with Ryan air and my severely autistic nephew was all positive, they were great from sorting out seats with online chat, fast pass security at airport, hold luggage, all free of charge, being last and first off and all through the flight.
Everyone has good and bad experiences with all airlines, we fly Ryan air 2 to 3 times a year, and never had any problems.
This is a mistake on their part, but hasn't put me off booking with them again in the future.
Well lucky you. Autistic people generally can walk though.

And I have not had a bad experience, I am able bodied as is everybody I know.

I don't need to personally have a bad experience before I can assess that a company is not right. I dont think because my travel was trouble free, because I am fortunate enough to be in full health, that I don't need to give a damn about how they treat people less fortunate than me. That is what I meant about a cheap flight being the be all and end all.

I read and I keep informed and they are a disgusting company and the attitude they have towards the disabled is not acceptable to me. You do remember the wheelchair tax right? You remember the restrictions on number of disabled people allowed on any flight? These things will never ever personally impact me, but I can still be outraged. I am Mrs Corporate too, I rarely get on my high horse about companies but Ryanair company ethics and policy make me sick.

Edited at 12:38 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thankfully our flight to Malta on Thursday isn't affected and nor is our return. To be honest it has put me off using them in future as has their announcement that they absolutely refuse to pay for passengers to travel on a rival airline despite this being a legal right in some circumstances.
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Starmum22
Imagineer

Mobile

My flights are also not affected, but this, along with everything else I've read about Ryanair has definitely put me off booking flights with them again.
Old 19 Sep 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
It's amazing how many people who never fly with them feel the need to put the boot in.

Looks like others have said it's a combination of many things hitting at the same time.

I hope my flight Dub - Gla isn't cancelled, or if it is, that its cancelled at the last minute so I can cash in lol
I think there's a lot to criticise, if that's what you mean by 'putting the boot in'. A company that size and offering dynamic services should not have such a combination of issues. One maybe as an exceptional event but the issues identified in this thread appear to be of their own making, potentially due to their business and staffing practices.

O'Leary turns up at a press conference, hands out a few half-facts and gives an apology as a throw-away comment. He obviously didn't tell us the whole story. Fair enough he doesn't have to but in this day and age stuff is going to leak out and it won't be phrased too kindly.

I have no axe to grind but it's clear from everything that's been said and written in the media that criticism is warranted. People who don't agree with this are welcome to state their views (but without putting the boot in on the critics among us).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
Well lucky you. Autistic people generally can walk though.

And I have not had a bad experience, I am able bodied as is everybody I know.

I don't need to personally have a bad experience before I can assess that a company is not right. I dont think because my travel was trouble free, because I am fortunate enough to be in full health, that I don't need to give a damn about how they treat people less fortunate than me. That is what I meant about a cheap flight being the be all and end all.

I read and I keep informed and they are a disgusting company and the attitude they have towards the disabled is not acceptable to me. You do remember the wheelchair tax right? You remember the restrictions on number of disabled people allowed on any flight? These things will never ever personally impact me, but I can still be outraged. I am Mrs Corporate too, I rarely get on my high horse about companies but Ryanair company ethics and policy make me sick.
Not trying to cause an argument, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
They are what they are, people choose to fly with them or not.

My nephew needed the fast pass security, as he runs off at every opportunity, and people queuing would not want to be next to him when he wails, hes non verbal and gets distressed easily.
roxie2001 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Flew with them this morning,but was worried,we would be one,of those affected.
Full flight to Malaga & landed early,so no complaints there.
I will book with them again,in fact we go to Gran Canaria,with them in Jan.
For me,because I like to get away,to Europe about 3 times a year,the price is a massive factor,as we also like a minimum 2 long haul flights,a year as well,so when we are only paying £48 per flight,it can be the difference,of being able to go away or not,it also frees more money up,for our long haul holidays,so I will be taking the chance & using them,in the future,but I do agree,that the way they have handled this,is shocking.
Tracy x
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not a fan flown twice with them never again :angry: ... but correct me if I am wrong was this not the same man that was spending all his time the other week slating Norweigian ? .. maybe he may have been better to have a look at his own business model !
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Must be disappointing to many that some travel insurers have apparently stated they won't compensate traveller losses. One of many news articles here.