Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Sep 17, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Irmageddon September 2017 - Day 2 - Semi-live

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom, Beast's Castle, EPCOT, Disney Springs

Our first day in MK! I knew I would cry and I totally did. We used Uber to take us over to the Contemporary and then hopped on the monorail. Except... we took the monorail in the wrong direction. It was a nice tour at least! But it meant we didn't get to use the early park entry (our breakfast was at 9.15) to our advantage.

We arrived at about 8:55 and just caught the welcome show. I totally cried. It was just so magical!

We then took a slow walk through Fantasyland towards the Beast's Castle for breakfast at Be Our Guest.

It was self-seating so we got a spot in the Beast's bedroom which was amazing but so dark! I didn't really get any pictures because it was too dark. The rose was amazing though.

The food was OK, it was tasty but I think you're there more for the atmosphere. I had the cronut and Kris had Gaston's Feast. Both we agreed were nice but nothing special. We actually didn't spend that long in here, and it was much smaller than I expected! It's still an amazing place though and I'm really glad we did it.

After this we were able to go on some rides, yay! Here was our first photopass (after I got some ears of course).

First ride (aka FIRST RIDE EVER AT WDW YAY!) was Under the Sea. Little Mermaid is one of my favourite princesses so this was lovely. The park was so quiet too that most stuff was walk-on.

After this we were able to jump on our first fastpass - Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

Firstly, I was terrified about this ride. I'd read so much about it being too narrow and uncomfortable for larger people and I was sure we wouldn't fit! But it was absolutely fine. We rode it in the same carriage and it wasn't uncomfortable at all. And it's a great ride! I thought it might be more child-oriented but it was pretty thrilling. We wanted to ride it again, but we couldn't get another fastpass for it and we are not fans of queueing

We then went on It's A Small World. The funny thing about this ride is I once rode it at DLP when I was around 3 and cried my eyes out. My Mum thinks it's hilarious that I hated it so much. So I was proud I rode it! Slight apprehension...

We skipped most of the rest of Fantasyland and headed over to Tomorrowland (Kris' favourite land) to ride Space Mountain.

I do like the Space Mountain at DLP, I have to admit I think it's better. But this Space Mountain is still so enjoyable. We had another fast pass so we'd get to ride it again...

We hopped on the People Mover, despite Kris not being that interested in it. I thought it was fab, so enjoyable! I loved going through all the other rides. He changed his mind after we went through it all. We also rode Carousel of Progress, so adorable even if it was a bit outdated.

After finishing up in Tomorrowland we headed over towards Adventureland. We had a Haunted Mansion FP for 4pm but all the rides were almost walk-on so we decided to cancel the Haunted Mansion one and pick up a midday Pirates fastpass instead. I never got a chance to go on Pirates in DLP so this was fun though I felt a bit underwhelmed. I think I just thought it was going to be way better than it was. It was still fun though.

We then went back to Haunted Mansion and rode is on stand-by. It was only a ten minute queue. I LOVE spooky stuff and this ride is just amazing. I absolutely adored it and had the song in my head all day!

At this point we decided we were just too hot and tired so we decided to head home, but we stumbled in on the parade passing through! We watched it come round right in front of the castle. It was the perfect end to our MK day. And we managed to finish up everything by about 1pm! We were so hot that we decided to head back to the hotel and get in the pool!

Kris gets bored easily by the pool but I love it haha. We took our laundry down (a surprising amount had already piled up - I think it's just because of the sweat!) so I got that done down at the pool laundry room and stayed there for about 1.5hrs.

We pretty much just chilled out until we wanted to go out again. Got dressed up and headed to head out Springs for the second time to get drinks and a bit of dinner (we'd skipped lunch, just had some iced coffees). But first we stopped in the River Roost bar at our resort where I spotted this awkwardly timed cocktail:

When we landed in Springs the first thing we did was head to the Coca Cola bar, whoop! Such a beautiful view from up there! I had some sort of creamy cola float thing. Unfortunately, I suffer from an undiagnosed allergy and this set my allergies off Noooooo. At least I know with my allergies that I can get over it (unpleasant muscle pain and nausea usually passes over in 30-50 minutes) so we waited it out on the rooftop before I felt better and then continued on our evening!

We went to eat at Homecomin' - it was fantastic food but the portion sizes were just crazy! I felt so bad not being able to finish all my dishes because I wanted to, but I wanted to enjoy. I had the shrimp salad to start and then the chicken sandwich for main. Kris had the full fried chicken dish with mashed potatoes and said it was brilliant.

Caught the boat home, though we practically had to roll ourselves back because we were so full. Collapsed fast asleep, ready for day 2!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a great first day. It's not that squirts cream you're allergic to is it? It gives me a bad chest and makes me wheeze!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Don't worry, you didn't take the monorail in the wrong direction, it just goes in a loop, we sometimes ride just for fun haha. It was a good idea to get dropped off at the Contemporary, great tip for people using Uber.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List