Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Sep 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party? worth it - or Universal

Just wondering if you think its worth paying the extra to attend Mickey's not so scary Halloween party - or Universal's equivalent?
Kids are 16, 13 & 10. Already bought Disney tickets but just wondering if it's worth it ? Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For the ages of your kids yes it's worth it if they like trick or treat. I won't do hhn , it's just too intense. You really have to like horror to do it .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Trip
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by chantellw View Post
Just wondering if you think its worth paying the extra to attend Mickey's not so scary Halloween party - or Universal's equivalent?
Kids are 16, 13 & 10. Already bought Disney tickets but just wondering if it's worth it ? Thanks.
I wouldn't class them as equivalent events... whilst they are both celebrating Halloween they are very different events!

For the ages of your kids Mickeys not so scary Halloween party may be more suitable! Like above if they like getting sweets you will get a lot... the parade is good and the fireworks also.
Trip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok, thanks. Trying to justify the extra $$, when already bought tickets !

Yes, I'm thinking the same - Universal seems more adult orientated - I think the teenagers would be fine but for the smallest it maybe would be a bit much.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dansgirl
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Universal recommend their event for over 13 years of age. When we went it was really intense, plus it has a very adult feel too it. Lots of drinking and scare actors trying to scare the crap out of you.
Dansgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would consider that the Oct parties are generally busier, this is the first year for ages that every Oct date isn't already sold out! General consensus is that the price is putting people off. That being said the feedback that I have seen so far, everyone is complaining about how busy the parties are & TBH I can't remember the last party that we attended that wasn't rammed! BUT if MNSSHP is busy it's nothing compared to how busy HHN normally is!
I would guess that HHN would suit your 16y/o & possibly the 13y/o & Not so for the 10y/o.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
We went to HHN one year when my little sister was only 9! She enjoyed the scare zones but opted to only do a few of the haunted houses. We noticed there were a few other kids that looked under the recommended age although they could have just been small for their age. It's definitely got a more adult feel to it though as everyone else looked over 16 I would say.

MNSSHP is much more family orientated and everyone in our group enjoyed the evening. They're completely different events so it's hard to compare but I'd also recommend MNSSHP as it will suit everyone.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

never been to ether

the disney one is the best one for small kids loads of fun sweets etc etc

the universal one is full on scary people chasing you with soggy arms and chainsaws

i know one year they did it with no safe areas (chill out places) so they could scare you on the toilet

my nephew was not in to all that so we didnt go but check out youtube there plenty of vids
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List