Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Sep 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 3 Epcot and Animal Kingdom

05 Aug Epcot and Animal Kingdom

Disney steps 23,056 8.65 miles

Woke up to a beautiful morning and Creeky McCreek Neck had gone

Epcot during the day at a more leisurely pace (especially as we had gone around world showcase with our first day sprint out of the blocks) and no EMH so a bit of a lie in that we all needed and then Animal Kingdom tonight with an ADR for Rainforest Café and our first view of Pandora.

So usual routine P20, ice, cups, car, mousekeeping and we arrived at Epcot at 8.20, dragging DD2 along this morning . The Jammitors came out to entertain us at rope drop which was great if nothing other than to reinforce it wouldn’t be long to go.

I watched them later in the day and got a junior jammitors sticker!

We had decided to use our fast passes for Animal Kingdom tonight so we could get one of the Pandora rides done before our full day in AK later in the holiday. So we were fastpassless! And aiming to do Frozen, Test Track and Soarin! Touring plans better work today lol

Rope drop came and we did the wiggle the hips walk to Soarin, good to see the questions in the full queue and soon Patrick was giving us our safety brief. Top right for us today so apart from the obvious tower bend it was still great. We quickly grabbed some drinks from Seasons and headed straight for Test Track and the single rider line, normal stand by line was 75 minutes at this point but we were through and in the shop in the photo booths within 25. Millie got her card printed that she hadn’t been able to get working two days earlier and we headed for Frozen. Stand by line said 25 mins (just over my threshold) but Lines app said 20 so we went in. It actually only took 15 and again we were all surprised how much we loved this ride.

Millie found a new love for Frozen and Olaf and I have to say it’ll be on the fastpass list next time we go for sure.

By now it was 10.45 and we were hungry – If you have been reading the last few days you will have noticed we are not breakfast people – that’s more because there’s never enough time in the morning (same at home) and the cereal Steve and I had bought from Walmart on travel day didn’t get eaten until week 3! So at 10.45 we went in to Electric Umbrella and had burgers! A bacon double cheeseburger, two Cheeseburger combos with cake, a plain burger, Mickey biscuit and Mickey rice crispy treat. Morgan had a BB-8 souvenir mug – that’s another thing for the case.

We had a mooch around Mouse Gear and Millie bought an Olaf pen with some of her holiday money and then we went off to see the soon to be gone Ellen. Millie had picked up a bit of back ache somewhere along the way so after Ellen we decided we’d go back to the hotel having done the rides we wanted to. Steve dropped me off at reception this time with Morgan and then drove Millie back round to the room. I wanted to get an updated bill print out and have a mooch in the shop. My browse in Fultons resulted in a box of teabags, some milk and a Minnie handbag holder (hangs your bag from a table so you don’t have to put your handbag on the floor) I had the bill and DDP balances printed (will be so much easier now you can see it on the app) and we went to fill the cups and get some snacks – Steve and I had two ice cream filled cookies – one of the best snack credits – three whole scoops of ice cream, these things are HUGE.

Morgan had a Mickey on a stick. We then had to do a massively quick walk back to the room – the ice cream in transit speedwalk back!

We had a couple of hours downtime, reading, cheeseballs,

messaging the Telford Dibbers, various tech and I ordered some guards for Millie’s braces to be delivered from Amazon Prime. I tried a cup of tea but its the milk - american milk is just not right then we headed off to Animal Kingdom for our Safari fast pass at 17.55.

We walked into Animal Kingdom and within about 10 minutes the heavens opened – I’d changed my bag and left the ebay ponchos in the other one. Doh! :angry:$40 later and kitted out the park had gone very, very quiet.

We couldn’t work out where everyone had gone. We grabbed two dole whips to try (more snack credits, how am I going to make these last!) – yummy, having more of them this trip,

and had a look around the shops before heading to the safari. We saw quite a few animals including a Rhino a bit too close for me,

and a rat ! Once back off the bus with the rain still going we headed down towards Rainforest Café – and found where everyone had gone. Our reservation was at 7 but there was a huge wait and after feeling like I had pushed everyone a bit too far over the last few days we took it easy and just waited it out. It did mean we missed our fast passes for Na’vi River journey but feeding the clan took priority. The meal was fantastic, best chicken nuggets ever said Millie!

Morgan had the shrimp platter (mix of shrimps en brochette, Shrimp scampi and Caribbean coconut shrimp)

Steve had a BBQ bacon Cheeseburger

I had Korean Spicy Stir Fry Chicken with crispy wontons and steamed rice which was delicious – I could eat it again right now!

We did have pudding – but failed miserably at the photos and notes – a quick chat with the clan today suggest that Morgan had a mango sorbet, I had a tribal cheesecake and Steve had a chocolate cake of some description. we were all pretty full so did not have a Volcano.

Millie was really keen to do Expedition Everest (back feeling better) so Steve and Millie set off to beat the Yeti and Morgan and I set off for Pandora. The tree looked fantastic at night.

Avatar land really is beautiful after dark (albeit busy) and when we had had a wander around – its very hard to navigate this place in the dark – we had our photo taken

and decided to grab two Nightly blossom drinks from Pongu Pongu with lit up pods.

N’avi River Journey was a 30 minute wait so we decided it was worth the wait and headed in. It was great, the you tube videos cant do it justice, and then there was only one place to go – to adopt a Banshee! Morgan had her heart set on one – more room in the case. Yes $60 of my spends plus tax for the banshee , and then they try to sell you a stand for $20 on top of that. You’re starting to sound like me

Adoption complete we headed back up to the front gate to meet Steve and Mille, who had indeed conquered the yeti

– they had ridden it twice and a Yeti stuffed toy had come back with them – that’s more room in the case. Starting to think I may have a problem here!

Mum has a rule of “no more soft toys”. We managed to find a loophole of we can have it if we buy it ourselves.

Home to show off the new member of the family:

and then sleep and very soundly.

Night night, Hollywood Studios tomorrow.
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The ice cream sandwiches are such great value.

Animal Kingdom at night looks completely different, really enjoyed your pictures.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a great day!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jamcat
Having Dinner with Goofy

Really enjoying your trip report
jamcat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Ice cream sandwiches are the best.
Has the Banshee had much use since your return. I'm curious as I think it'd one of those things you buy out there when you're swept up in the Disney bubble, but has no place once back in the cold reality of home!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Ice cream sandwiches are the best.
Has the Banshee had much use since your return. I'm curious as I think it'd one of those things you buy out there when you're swept up in the Disney bubble, but has no place once back in the cold reality of home!
She has actually played with it a bit - not sure I would buy one but she does still say it was worth spending most of her holiday money on - teenagers you just never know. Its a good bit of showmanship when you go to pick them from he roost I guess - but don't get drawn into buying the the perch for them to sit on ! You could spend even more money and have your face put on to a Na'vi barbie doll! thankfully she didn't want one of those.
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab day, love the banshee! Those ice cream cookies look great for a snack credit, hope they do them pofq too!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Excellent planning to be able to do Soarin, Test Track and Frozen with no FP!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Loving your ears and the daily cheeseball shot haha I love cheeseballs!
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Great day!

I love Millie's face on Frozen... Disney magic

The food looked yummy at Rainforest Cafe

Can't wait to see AK at night time this year, looks so beautiful