Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Sep 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

anyone recomend budget car hire ?

usually book Alamo but have got a better deal with budget can you tell me if you have used them if you were happy with everything and were the cars nice etc ?
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
12randal
Excited about Disney

12randal's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we do the same and usually book with Alamo
did not like budget had to wait an hour at check in desk as they had no cars told they do not do bring back full had to pay for full tank car we got was fine but we didnt get a choice of vehicle they gave us the key and we drove it away
not as easy to use as Alamo and we certainly wont use them again will be happy to pay an extra few quid for the Alamo STC service
12randal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
In a word NO! They added on extras we didnt ask for then we struggled to get the money back. Very hard sell at the counters. Used Alamo skip the counter this time much better.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Nope wouldn't recommend based on our experience in Quebec City. Ok it was a city centre location, so not as much choice as an airport, but the car was pre-booked, yet it was filthy and had not been cleaned inside or out. It looked like it had been rented out for 2 weeks before us, grime on seats, food packaging etc. It had obviously just come in. We went back into the office to complain but it was "take it or leave it" as they had no others. We were only renting for a half day to drive to Montreal, so we put up with it, plus it was cheaper than Avis which could be had from same office, but I wouldn't use again. I think the hint is in the name Budget.
Old 18 Sep 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Got conned into a load of extras that we said we did not want with Budget at MCO; rental agent lied throughout, pressing all the on screen buttons to 'help' us, obviously he was pressing yes to accept the extra insurances.
Would be reluctant to use them again or very very wary.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

ok odd one out here but yes have used them many times at both sandford and orlando international, definetley my preferred company and booked with them again from miami for the first time just because its a strange airport and felt more comfortable with previous service,

never had a problem but never had a problem with alamo either, i do have to say as some body who is majorly unorganised we have never done skip the counter and always end up at the counter who ever we use but if we did skip might change minds.

i love the free driver for spouse can some times equal a descent saving.

all i can say is as with all the rental company's check paperwork before you sign if you do that shouldn't be a problem.

no you cant choose car but if you are polite and mention how long the que was politely they have occasionally been known to give me the odd upgrade.

as for cars never had a bad one unlike dollar who have screwed me a few times with right turds but never again, regards them being nice they are always clean but best example would be :
budget = dodge caravan or alamo = chrysler town & country both basically same car but one has a few more toys deoends what you are looking for?

but for me NEVER AGAIN DOLLAR but then i'm sure some people on here will swear by them.

but i will repeat again just check paper work should not have a problem cant understand people who don't then moan this is the land of commission sales remember

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon

Edited at 11:07 PM.
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Thanks everyone
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The JD Power car rental yearly survey of the 8 top suppliers consistently has them rated as 6th. Only Thrifty and Dollar are lower and they always seem to share the bottom two places.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Budget are pretty good at Sanford. It's a small desk shared with Avis that rarely has significant queues and it's right outside the arrivals hall exit. Cars are parked just outside the desk area.

The cars are just as good overall as the other 'name' rental companies. As ever there's an element of chance on what's in at the time you pick up. But I've always been able to swap any car that didn't suit me, often for something interesting like a hybrid.

A big advantage with Budget/Avis is spouse being included to drive automatically.

The situation at MCO is different though and I would use either Alamo or Avis there to avoid the scrums and queues!