Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
AngelBunny123
Earning My Ears

Mobile School situation

Just wanted a little advice on how I should approach this with the school. My daughter has been friends with another girl since starting school. Every so often I have had a message from the mum saying my daughter has been mean to hers. I hate confrontation so have always just said i would talk to my daughter. This mum has had run ins with other parents aswel and is quite aggresive. Last week it got a bit out of hand at school with the girls and I had multiple messages from the mum. Obviously I have spoken to my daughter about it all and I think it's both of them being mean to each other. Had a message last night and instead of taking it I decided to stand up for myself and daughter for once. Wasn't nasty just stated that I would prefer to sort this out with the school, think it is both of them and be best if they played with other people. Well she completely went off on one so I ignored further messages. Spoke to teacher this morning after she had a chat with the girls. The girls made up but teacher said they know about messages sent last night and she would like me and other mum to come for meeting to sort our differences! I really don't want to! I'm glad the girls have made up and hopefully that is dealt with but I don't see why I have to be friends with this mum when I have put up with her aggression for years. How can I say to this teacher thanks but no thanks without it coming across like I'm the problem?
AngelBunny123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Sounds like bullying/harassment on the part of the other mother. Not sure what the school hopes to achieve, but personally if it persists I'd be tempted to report it to the police.
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Not sure why school need to be involved in parent isdue? Just decline and say I'll not speak to her directly anymore I will just come through you (school). If she texts you then say the same. I've had this before and ended up coming down in my dd like a ton of bricks and it's probably just a kids squabble. When my dd said 'x said/did this to me' I didn't go to the other mum moaning. It's ridiculous x
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Surely if you involved the school it was because you thought they may come up with some form of resolution.

You can't back off now just because you don't like their resolution, that would not be fair - and they, unfortunately, will think that the problem is not necessarily as one sided as painted.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
AngelBunny123
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I spoke to the school to find out exactly what was going on with the girls. This mum was texting me saying my daughter was a bully and her daughter didn't want to go to school because of her. I couldn't just ignore that and wanted to find out if it was one sided. Teacher confirmed it wasn't and I said I was happy the girls had seemed to make up. Then the teacher said about having a meeting to sort out our differences.
AngelBunny123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Personally I would go to the meeting, if only to voice my opinion in a controlled environment. If this woman is aggressive I wouldn't put it past her to have a go at you in the playground in front of all the other mums and children.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I would decline as it is between you and the mother, nothing to do with school, nor would I involve the police as there is nothing they can do unless she has threatened you?
Either block her number or meet for a chat and sort it out, agree that in future the school deal with it.
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I would go and let the teacher mediate. Just state your case to the other mum saying that it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other and as the girls make up on their own you don't think you or the other mum should get involved and you would prefer her not to text you anymore about them. If she has any complaints please direct them to the teacher.
School are probably worried about it spilling into the playground at pick up time.
When my DD was at primary 2 mum's kept bickering about their 2 children and one day it turned into handbags at dawn and some of us other mums and staff had to separate them !
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds like the other mum is acting like a child, over the years I've seen so many parents fall out in the schoolyard over kids falling out and near enough every time the kids are quickly friends again but the parents can't forgive and forget like children do.
I'm not one for confrontation either and I really don't get how school should be involved in sorting out parents issues with each other, they are there to educate our kids not the parents fallouts. I'd just say no thanks to the meeting, you can always explain you arnt comfortable with it privately to them I think they'll understand they probably arnt comfortable doing it either.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think, for what it's worth, that this women will paint your daughter as a bully based on this situation and how you behave will be very important going forward. I would go to this meeting no matter how painful, you don't need to speak a lot, be the picture of calm mature parenting, let her show her true colours and allow yourself to rise above it all in full view of the school. Explain politely at the end despite mediation you would prefer contact concerning bullying goes through the school so she has nowhere to go with it. Tell your daughter to avoid this girl and not to give them any amunition - some people love the drama and you mustn't fuel the fire.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List