Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thomas Cook premium - talk to me :)

So I've found some pretty good prices for Thomas Cook premium. It works out about an extra £200-£250 rack for both ways Manchester to Orlando direct! This is 20/8-6/9/19.

1. Is it worth the extra?
2. What are you experienced?
3. Would you wait for the major airlines to release?

Thanks in advance

Edited at 07:45 AM.
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Derryfam View Post
So I've found some pretty good prices for Thomas Cook premium. It works out about an extra £200-£250 rack for both ways Manchester to Orlando direct!

1. Is it worth the extra?
2. What are you experienced?

Thanks in advance
you could play the waiting game and just book normal seats - and then upgrade later when the price is lower...

one dibber got 4 upgrades for £72...

Basically you get
more luggage (32 over 23) - probably don't need it... costs £50 normally
priority check in - again if early at airport prob don't need it... costs £15 normally
priority luggage - had this, got my bags last! inc in the 15.
free drinks - don't drink! But if you do saves some ££
better food - food in econ is okay outward...
free seat selection - yep good thing saves £25 pp.
better seats - yep seats are great,

I would pay for it for the seats - but I would book econ now and wait til feb for cheap upgrade... Id pay around £40-60 per person for the upgrade max.

PM

the econ seats aren't awful.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Derryfam
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
you could play the waiting game and just book normal seats - and then upgrade later when the price is lower...

one dibber got 4 upgrades for £72...

Basically you get
more luggage (32 over 23) - probably don't need it... costs £50 normally
priority check in - again if early at airport prob don't need it... costs £15 normally
priority luggage - had this, got my bags last! inc in the 15.
free drinks - don't drink! But if you do saves some ££
better food - food in econ is okay outward...
free seat selection - yep good thing saves £25 pp.
better seats - yep seats are great,

I would pay for it for the seats - but I would book econ now and wait til feb for cheap upgrade... Id pay around £40-60 per person for the upgrade max.

PM

the econ seats aren't awful.
Thanks papermouse! I suppose when you look at it line that... 😋
The economy flights are a great price so might just do that and look at upgrading later!
Derryfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

The cabin is also smaller (only 49 seats, and curtained off), as a result it's quieter, there's more leg room for every seat in the cabin; and they are wider.

Not to mention you said it was also a direct flight? That's worth it alone... I couldn't do a flight with a stop over to FL, flying that far is bad enough as it is... but that's just me.

I'd definitely upgrade at that price. When we book with Thomas Cook, we book the premium straight off the bat. It's worth it to us.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

It also includes the unlimited seat back entertainment. I think that's about £6 each. Hiw many people is it for? Not £200 each I hope!
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi! Just me but I would only fly Thomas Cook if it was PE! We've had a couple of bad experiences with TC economy (maybe we are just unlucky?!), but I highly rate their PE! They really look after you, plenty drinks, IFE was good and food was great! We were the same with our luggage though, in MCO our suitcases were one of the last on the carousel! I was beginning to think they had been left at Manchester 😂 however can't really blame TC for that I suppose!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Used TC premium economy this year (for the second time) and I would use it anytime. The crew seem more attentive, menu is better, entertainment is better, more luggage allowance, free booze etc (don't drink but it is there if you do). Haven't been disappointed either time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

I've booked TC Premium to LA, got a really good price. Just wondering though what's priority check in, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on my booking
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hawki View Post
I've booked TC Premium to LA, got a really good price. Just wondering though what's priority check in, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on my booking
Usually there is 5 or 6 check in desks. One of them says priority above and it generally has less people. You can pay 15 to add it to an econ booking or it's free with pe

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We flew TC in the summer & booked PE both ways. On the way out our plane was changed to the all economy Airtanker so after much counselling from Papamouse we complained and got compensation plus all our premium perks plus extra leg room seats. On the way home we kept PE. I have to say the extra leg room economy seats were some of the best we've ever had - I couldn't touch the seat in front of me with my legs outstretched, the seats were as comfortable as plane seats can be and the food was excellent.
On the way home we had our PE seats. They were slightly wider and lovely and roomy (but not as roomy as our economy extra leg room seats!). The drinks were served stupidly often. I think we had 4 or 5 before we had our meal. I don't drink so not a huge bonus to me but nice to be kept hydrated. The service was excellent and I must have been comfortable as I slept for about 5 hours which I never have before. As others have said the cabin is small and quiet and there is no queue for the toilet!