Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 Nov 16, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile Has anyone stayed at pirates village, Santa ponsa?

Just wondering if anyone can tell me a little bit about here? I am thinking of going in the summer, all inclusive. It's quite expensive so just making sure it's worth it!

Can anyone tell me about the kids clubs, entertainment during the day and evening.if the hotel is packed and no sun beds or seats at the pool bar etc. What Santa ponsa beach is like and how far away it is from pirates village it is.

Thanks.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Haven't stayed there but have walked past and had a good old nosey

Looks fun, looks very clean and well kept.
I'd say it is about a third of a mile from the beach, walking slightly downhill past some shops and restaurants.
The beach itself there is sandy and broad.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

same as Cloverlady, we went to Santa Ponsa this summer and had a nosy at Pirates Village looked clean and well run, pool with slides etc looked good and not too crowded.
Its close to the beach and the nicer end of the town with restaurants and more family friendly bars. Beach is lovely, wide and sandy with sun beds and as its a bay the sea is usually calm and safe to play in.
There is a Santa Ponsa Facebook site where people share photos of Pirate Village etc and families seem to dress up as Pirates to win prizes!

Gillian
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

We stayed there a couple of yrs ago in April(as a cheapy). It is lovely for kids, themed well but the food tbh wasn't great! I looked to go bk this yr for a couple of days as my ds is 5 and loves pirates but the price has shot up and I don't think it's worth it. Don't mean to sound negative and I'm sure there will be more advice from ppl who have stayed more recently
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
We stayed there a couple of yrs ago in April(as a cheapy). It is lovely for kids, themed well but the food tbh wasn't great! I looked to go bk this yr for a couple of days as my ds is 5 and loves pirates but the price has shot up and I don't think it's worth it. Don't mean to sound negative and I'm sure there will be more advice from ppl who have stayed more recently
Thanks, what was the weather like in April? Where the pools cold? I would consider going at Easter sometime as it is a lot cheaper!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Yes we went at Easter too (it was late that year so mid April)
Weather was surprisingly good but there were times where we lay on sun loungers with blankets around us (we were determined to sunbathe ha).We went as it was so cheap and did have a lovely time. We were going to center Parcs but this was cheaper so thought we couldn't lose really. I think it cost around £600 with flights AI for 5 of us for 4 nights.I booked accomodation direct with hotel and became a club member for additional discount. I think Spain now in school hols is ridiculously priced! The pools were cold, the food wasn't amazing (hence why I wouldn't pay a fortune) they could have rectified this now tho and entertainment was good and place was well themed. I would go again but I think now it's got popular it's more expensive
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to bring up old thread but we have booked for august so wondering if anymore reviews and tips? We have booked all inclusive.
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Sorry to bring up old thread but we have booked for august so wondering if anymore reviews and tips? We have booked all inclusive.
Hy there I've been once when it just changed to pirates village and loved it but my friends who were with us have been every year since. They improve every year according to them. Great for the kids. Price has increased so much from what we paid 3 years ago but I think they have redecorate the rooms and pool area over the years also. Kids loved it. One of the best kids clubs my kids have been too.
CSTUARTt1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CSTUARTt1980 View Post
Hy there I've been once when it just changed to pirates village and loved it but my friends who were with us have been every year since. They improve every year according to them. Great for the kids. Price has increased so much from what we paid 3 years ago but I think they have redecorate the rooms and pool area over the years also. Kids loved it. One of the best kids clubs my kids have been too.
Sounds great! I have booked it all DIY so have saved about £800 rather than booking a package because those prices were a lot!