Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I've never been in November but we did HHN in October and I still remember going to the water parks I don't remember it being too cold perhaps the temps dip a lot in Nov?

I wouldn't use the heat as a reason to go in May.

Are you hiring a car? You'd probably need one for KSC and Busch.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

I am not a Universal. Apart from HP, I find it just blah. I am certain, therefore, that I could get it done in a couple of days. I am truly a Disney girl 😍
Why not have a few days in Orlando, and then grab an internal flight somewhere else, or drive to a beach area. Florida has so much to offer.
Also, don’t be scared to go for a week. We just returned from a week in WDW and it was one of the best trips ever. The jet lag does not get you on the way over - only on you return home xx

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

I think if I went to Orlando as just a couple and not doing Disney I would try to take advantage of everything else in Orlando. I'd go very late October/Early November and do universal/IOA and VB and do a night or two of HHN. That should easily fill your time for 5 or 6 days. I'd then spend 2 days going to Discovery Cove (as ive never been) and Sea World. Your other spare days can be for the pool and shopping. I think 10 days would be perfect to do all of this and you save on the huge extra expense that Disney would have brought.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Starlet View Post
We're looking at staying at the Drury inn on the I drive and just getting the 6 Park universal tickets.
I didn't know Universal had built 3 new parks in Orlando.

(I assume you mean Seaworld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens - they aren't Universal parks. You can't get 6 park Universal tickets).

Early to Mid May before Memorial Day weekend and the half term holidays towards the end of May would be a good time to go. Sunny and warm but not super-hot like July/Aug. Not too busy, although maybe slightly busier than November. Mind you, if you go in November then the new Fast&Furious ride at Universal and the new Infinity Falls ride at Seaworld will be open.

There should be plenty to do at the Universal and Seaworld parks, plus a couple of days relaxing and/or shopping. Sounds about right for a 10 day trip.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry Nimbus yes that's what I meant.

I'm looking to go 10th May til 20th May so hopefully that'll mean I miss memorial day crowds?

After reading through all your replies and then checking trip advisor I think I definitely want to get the discovery cove ultimate ticket and that way make use of their free transfer to busch gardens. Anyone used this?

Also really wanna visit kennedy space centre.

Is there a cheaper way of getting universal tickets without buying the 14 days one? I'm just wondering if I can save money there if you all seem to think it can be done rather quickly and easily.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The free coach to BG leaves from outside Seaworld. If you look at SW front entrance, it is away to the left. Easy to find.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

### tin hat on ###

how old are your kids ? is it not feasible to take them as well ?

your in orlando riding rollercoasters and your kids are at home / school

my daughter would be livid ! & probably seeking legal advise
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
### tin hat on ###

You are on my wavelength, its parent cruelty isn't it ? 😂
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
### tin hat on ###

Lol my kids are 14 and 8yr old boys

My eldest doesn't like rides had to be forced on most of the Disney ones and my youngest loves them but isn't tall enough for most.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to take them out of school again. We just did 15 days out of school in November as a one off. Nor could I afford to take us during school holidays.

I do plan on returning in the future when the youngest is tall enough and by then my eldest will have left high school and got his exams out the way maybe by then he'll like rides more.

It's just a rare opportunity that's presented itself, babysitter, money etc. Plus I met my partner when my first son was 3yrs old only had two holidays in 11 years together and both with children in tow so would be very much appreciated.

Hopefully that'll present a good case when my 8 yr old presses charges 😝
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The other alternative is somebody showed me Moon Palace in Cancun 😍 I could only afford 7 nights but it looks amazing. Just worried about perhaps getting bored after such an active Disney holiday?!