Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Aug 18, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ITGeezer
Getting to know the DIBB

Annual Pass & Tour

Hi all,

I am thinking about upgrading the UK 14 Ultimate to a Annual Pass, which I think can only be done on arrival at WDW.

I would also like to book the 'Keys to the Kingdom' tour, as such I would need to get this booked before our visit, and I was wondering as annual pass gives a 15% discount on tours can I get this off my tour when I arrive?

Or is it a no as you need the AP prior to booking the tour to get the discount, and it cannot be applied retrospectively to a tour even if you have not done it yet?
ITGeezer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Best thing to do would be to call Disney (since you need to call to book the KTTK tour anyway) and ask about this.

I know when I booked the KTTK tour last year with the AP discount (when I didn't have one but my friends did) they asked for a number on my friend's AP discount card before they applied the AP discount.
Old 11 Aug 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ITGeezer
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi,

I did not get round to calling but after reading a bit about discounts I think it would be a no to retro-spectivitly appliying a discount...

However I have thought of a way book a tour, get to Disney upgrade to a AP, then cancel tour and imedditaly rebook meaning I keep the booking (unless I am rally unlucky and someone grabs it in the 2mins of me doing this), and then rebook it.

Only thing with this way is I need to cancel at least 48hrs prior to the tour, but that shouldn't. be an issue if I plan it out.

Still not sure if we will do it yet though, as we are staying onsite with TS DDP, and it should be around £300 more to upgrade, we would need to spend around £1500 based on a 20% discount to break even... so might not be worth it unless of course we plan to go back the year after which may not be possible as we are going to start trying for a baby, and wouldn't want to take a child which is very young (<3mth) away.
ITGeezer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List