Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Aug 18, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
offsite:The only place I couldn't eat in the US was IHoP as even their omelettes have flour to fluff them up. There is literally nothing gf on the menu there bar may be a fruit cup.
Hurricane wild wings was very good as was Chick Fil A (it's a take away place like Mc Donalds).
Just wanted to second this. 2 weeks offsite this summer, my wife never struggled for gluten free options except when she craved shrimp. Outback didnt have gf batter and and didnt offer uncoated shrimp...

Supermarket gluten free sections were seriously stacked too.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Deanne
Trading Disney Pins

Deanne's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This will also be our first gluten free trip to Florida (I have recently been diagnosed with celiac disease) I have also been trying to research restaurants, it’s all a bit overwhelming. We will be staying in a villa for 9 nights and then RPR for 5 nights. No Disney this time. So any offsite restaurant recommendations would be great. Glad to hear there are lots of choices in the supermarkets 😀
Deanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Offsite:
By good, ok etc I mean the level of choice for coeliacs.
Good:
Hurricane wild wings
Buffalo wild wings
Chick Fil A
Applebees
Cheesecake factory
House of Blues
Chipotle
Outback
Mellow Mushroom
Bahama breeze

Ok:
Mannys
Copper Canyon Grill
Cold Stone but again be careful with contamination
Starbucks

Terrible:
Ihop
Unos
Cicis ( to be fair to the last two cheap pizza/pasta places are always going to be disasterous)
Taco Bell
Panda express
Wendy's
McDs
Dunkin
Cinnabon

Buffets can be ok provided you're not too sensitive as there is always the issue of cross contaminants
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Deanne
Trading Disney Pins

Deanne's Reviews
That’s a great list, really going to help so much, thank you 😀😀
Thanks EmmaSmith for asking the question 😀😀

Edited at 08:45 AM.
Deanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaSmith
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Deanne, hope you have a great trip your out these just days before us so please share any good finds if you can!
EmmaSmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I went last year having recently being diagnosed as coeliac. We had DDP so most of our dining was onsite, i found Rainforest Cafe at AK great, the chef came over discussed everything with me and then made me something not even on the menu to accommodate me. sauoteli (really dont think that is how you spell it) kitchen in AK do the nicest chicken and rice dish which was a QS credit. At the hotel i lived on the apple slices and caramel sauce. When we booked we were given free tickets to the magic show at wonderworks, they catered for GF too just incase it was something you might want to try. Food wasn’t fancy but i enjoyed it 😊 not on the DDP but the salted caramel popcorn from the hotel shops/disney store was delicious! The only place i struggled with getting GF food was at Tampa Airport and Philidelphia (again spelling? &#128584 airport who didn’t accomodate GF food at all. I would suggest using up some snack credits on bits to see you through that part of your travel home! Have a great time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Deanne
Trading Disney Pins

Deanne's Reviews
Originally Posted by EmmaSmith View Post
Deanne, hope you have a great trip your out these just days before us so please share any good finds if you can!
Hi thanks, hope you have a great trip as well. Hopefully I wil have had a few nice meals before you travel, I will let you know. 😀