Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Oct 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Ours was 2 years ago and we had exactly the same issues. I wish they would ask people what they wanted to do and tailor a tour group with that in mind. For example we had no interest in Bill and Ted, and I am sure they could have got 20 other people that were in the many groups on the same night as us and of the same opinion, then cut that bit out altogether. Same with the ‘VIP’ bar.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
So what did everyone think of this year?

Favourite House? Favourite Scarezones? What would you like to see replace Bill and Ted?

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
So what did everyone think of this year?

Favourite House? Favourite Scarezones? What would you like to see replace Bill and Ted?
We leave today (I’m crying inside) and managed to attend 4 times with our final night having express passes. My list is as follows:

Blumhouse - the only house that consistently got scares out of me, though it should have just been called the insidious House.

Ash vs. evil dead - One of my favourites as I absolutely love the franchise and show, not scary - but I don’t think it was intended to be.

American Horror Story - easily one of the best houses and much better than last years attempt

Scarecrow Reaping - Id also say this is easily one of the best original houses, ever! The concept was great and I feel like universal really pulled out all the stops this year.

Dead Waters - as above. The “house” (boat) was incredible

The Fallen - didn’t get scares out of me but the the scare actors were amazing and anyone who went trough the house will know what I mean

The Hive - Got a few scares out of me. Wasn’t impressed the first walk through but it got better and better - very creepy

The Shining - Unpopular opinion, I don’t like the film. The set up and theming was fantastic, especially the bar section, but overall not my favourite.

Saw - my least favourite. I think this house got less love than the others in terms of creativity and I think it showed. Though that being said, the wait times for this were always really high so people must have liked it!

Scare zones-: Trick r Treat was easily the best, Invasion was OK, as was Altars of horror, but Festival of the deadliest IMO was a let down.

Sorry for the long post!

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
brad259
I want to go now!

Did you guys just go for one night or did you get the multiple ticket? We fly out on sunday and looking to do the horror nights
brad259 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post

We are planning a similar trip for next year (stay and cruise) and will definitely be going to HHN. We were there week commencing 24 September and could only go one night so next year we are going later 6 October. Is it the pattern that HHN will be every night in October? Am torn between a Frequent Fear pass or Express tickets. What are your recommendations?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by brad259 View Post
Did you guys just go for one night or did you get the multiple ticket? We fly out on sunday and looking to do the horror nights
May not be of any help if you have your universal tickets already but we bought the 14 day passes with HHN included from Orlando attractions
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by VALM View Post
We are planning a similar trip for next year (stay and cruise) and will definitely be going to HHN. We were there week commencing 24 September and could only go one night so next year we are going later 6 October. Is it the pattern that HHN will be every night in October? Am torn between a Frequent Fear pass or Express tickets. What are your recommendations?
It is not on every night in October- Wednesday through Sunday I believe.
Frequent Fear and Express are two very different things as I am sure you are aware. Frequent Fear allows for multiple visits, and when we brought ours cost less than a ticket for just one night. I would do this over express as, even with express you can’t guarantee getting everything done since these lines could still be up to an hour per house.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Hi guys
can I just ask if anyone has experience of HHN over on the west coast.
I am planning a orlando HHN visit 17th-27th oct and im am visiting the west coast with OH in September was going to plan a trip to hollywood for HHN ?
Do both parks start the same weekend and are they open the same dates ?
Thanks million Lisa x
Old 1 Nov 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Hi guys
can I just ask if anyone has experience of HHN over on the west coast.
I am planning a orlando HHN visit 17th-27th oct and im am visiting the west coast with OH in September was going to plan a trip to hollywood for HHN ?
Do both parks start the same weekend and are they open the same dates ?
Thanks million Lisa x
We did Hollywood in 2014. I found that Hollywood have limited dates compared to Orlando (though this may have changed) Because if this we could only do one night and opted for the VIP pass. Absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat.
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Old 3 Nov 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
We did Hollywood in 2014. I found that Hollywood have limited dates compared to Orlando (though this may have changed) Because if this we could only do one night and opted for the VIP pass. Absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat.
Thanks hun .. we are tailoring the west coast trip to fit in HHN so hopefully should be ok. Ive never done Hollywood before so totally not sure what to expect .. at least I know ill be back in good old orlando come 17th October though

Lisa