Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jun 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile Kitchen Sink

The kids have now decided they want to do the Kitchen sink.
There's 8 of us but prob just want 1 between us as I and some of the others won't want any or prob just a few spoons of it.

Do i need to book all 8 of us as we all will be together but not all eating?
I've looked at ADRs but as going end of Aug, 8 people and it's quite close they are as rare as pixie dust so any tips on booking?

Or bit of a curve ball but are there any similar things about?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Problem with 8 seats is that you won't all fit in a booth so to get one you will need two four seaters to be free. I don't know that they can guarantee that you are sat together either although obviously do Thier best.

We had five. Four were eating but booked ADR for 5.

There is somewhere a similar thing (or used to be). The witches hat possibly? I cannot remember where though or even if imagining it.

You can also get some pretty stupendous creations from Ghirardelli's at DTD (although not on the same scale).

Enjoy. It beat us 😋
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
The kids have now decided they want to do the Kitchen sink.
There's 8 of us but prob just want 1 between us as I and some of the others won't want any or prob just a few spoons of it.

Do i need to book all 8 of us as we all will be together but not all eating?
I've looked at ADRs but as going end of Aug, 8 people and it's quite close they are as rare as pixie dust so any tips on booking?

Or bit of a curve ball but are there any similar things about?
Beaches and Cream is tiny. So you would take up eight seats and have one ice cream between you?

I am not sure where eight of you would sit if you didn’t book for all eight..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You need to book for as many seats as you require regardless of who is eating or not. But if not all of you fancy it, perhaps they could just go for a wander around the Boardwalk while you're at your ADR?

As an alternative - it's smaller, but you can get the Mickey Pants sink from the walkup window which you could then sit out in the BC/Boardwalk grounds and eat so no ADR necessary.

Edited at 06:28 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Beaches and Cream is tiny. So you would take up eight seats and have one ice cream between you?

I am not sure where eight of you would sit if you didn’t book for all eight..
Thanks for that. Really helpful fairplay.
Didn't realise there were rules on the amount u need to order.
Perhaps you could share the info rather than snide digs.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You need to book for as many seats as you require regardless of who is eating or not. But if not all of you fancy it, perhaps they could just go for a wander around the Boardwalk while you're at your ADR?

As an alternative - it's smaller, but you can get the Mickey Pants sink from the walkup window which you could then sit out in the BC/Boardwalk grounds and eat so no ADR necessary.
Brill thx for that.
We didn't know how big the place was and thought it isn't a great scenario us all there just for the kids to have the Sink.

Mickey pants it is by the looks of it lol.
Shall look it up now as never heard of it.
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Just go next door to the Dolphin Hotel, the Fountain does something similar...you're much more likely to get seated there if you avoid main lunch and evening times.

The Fountain Funnel
Pick your seven flavors of Ice Cream, three Sauces and three Toppings to create your own funnel-shaped masterpiece topped with Whipped Cream and a Cherry $28.99
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mousehunter
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post

As an alternative - it's smaller, but you can get the Mickey Pants
sink from the walkup window which you could then sit out in the BC/Boardwalk grounds and eat so no ADR necessary.
We did this and even these were too much for one person, but absolutely yummy. It was nicer sitting outside too... And you get to keep the mickey pants bowls. Which you can use as nibbles bowls when you get home 😊👍🏼😊👍🏼
Mousehunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Just go next door to the Dolphin Hotel, the Fountain does something similar...you're much more likely to get seated there if you avoid main lunch and evening times.

The Fountain Funnel
Pick your seven flavors of Ice Cream, three Sauces and three Toppings to create your own funnel-shaped masterpiece topped with Whipped Cream and a Cherry $28.99
Thanks for the info . I'll get some pics up and let the kids decide on this or the pants as looks like the sink is a no go due to us all fitting in there etc
Old 26 Jun 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mousehunter View Post
We did this and even these were too much for one person, but absolutely yummy. It was nicer sitting outside too... And you get to keep the mickey pants bowls. Which you can use as nibbles bowls when you get home 😊👍🏼😊👍🏼
This does appeal to us tbh