Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jun 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scotpod
Apprentice Imagineer

scotpod's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Quick service dining price... should I?

Just had a quote from virgin about upgrading to the quick service dining plan.
I am staying at all star sports so already have the free breakfast offer, they have costed it and it was £411 to upgrade to the quick service.
It's just me travelling and I am there for 3 weeks, is this a good price and should I go for it ?

Thanks
Old 26 Jun 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

So that’s $19pd for one extra meal and snack plus refillable mug (as you already have the QS credit for ‘breakfast’ anyway).

I’d probably upgrade. It’s more likely you’ll break even from the extra meal and snack, or come in slightly ahead but the refillable mug would tip it for me.
Old 26 Jun 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I would.

The difference being on the qsdp you have 2qs per day. Currently you have a breakfast.

With the qsdp you can use a snack for brekie, and 2 qs meals for lunch and dinnner for instance.

Irrespective of this, it seems a good price and you cap your spending in sterling against risking the dollar movements between now and then.

Disney332
Old 26 Jun 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
It's only value if you think you'll use it. If you were planning a 2nd QS meal each day then 100% makes sense. if you're going to do some TS or eat in some favourite off-site restaurants anyway, then likely it won't, you'll just end up with un-used credits

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would double check that this price matches up with Disney and if so I’d go for it. Having food taken care of is fantastic.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mylittleminion
Helping Minnie

unless you are spending a lot of time offsite or paying oop for TS meals I would do it as 1 meal day won't be enough on its own and eating onsite is actually quite expensive so over 3 weeks all the extras will really add up.

You will get an extra qs meal & 2 snacks each day plus the refill mug which adds big savings if you drink soda. Also if you enjoy the odd drink alcohol is now included with qs meals.

some people will say put the money on a card and pay oop as you go but that can work out a lot more expensive unless you feel you would waste a lot of your credits.
it is one of the more expensive qs options but the double burger meal at all stars is $16.99 add a drink $8.50 then 2 snacks at $6 - that is $37.50 vs the $19 you would have paid in advance and you haven't even counted in the refill mug value
Mylittleminion is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It looks like you will be there during the food and wine festival, so you can use your 2 snacks there and that is EXCELLENT value.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We find having the QSDP a great help for budgeting especially for the food and wine festival.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I would double check that this price matches up with Disney and if so I’d go for it. Having food taken care of is fantastic.
What Disney are charging makes no difference. The OP booked with Virgin so has to upgrade with Virgin regardless of their cost.
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
What Disney are charging makes no difference. The OP booked with Virgin so has to upgrade with Virgin regardless of their cost.
My point is that if they price it up with Disney they’ll know if Virgin are charging over the odds. If they are it’s not worth upgrading financially in my opinion. If the price is the same then it is worth it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List