Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Jun 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
50's Prime time Cafe...

….Anyone eaten here recently? We have an ADR for August, but i'm still not 100% sure. DH wants to try it but recent reviews I've seen don't look amazing, and a few friends who have eaten there didn't rave about it? Am wondering if it's a credit better spent elsewhere?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We've been twice. First time in 2015 and we absolutely loved it. It was first one the list for last year but unfortunately it didn't live up to it. Food portions seemed smaller and food quality didn't seem as good. Our first trip the server was fantastic but last time was nowhere near as good which is big thing. Don't think I'd go back.

Both reviews in my 2015 and 2017 food reports in my signature below.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
We've been twice. First time in 2015 and we absolutely loved it. It was first one the list for last year but unfortunately it didn't live up to it. Food portions seemed smaller and food quality didn't seem as good. Our first trip the server was fantastic but last time was nowhere near as good which is big thing. Don't think I'd go back.

We felt exactly the same

Went two years in a row. Both times ordered the fried chicken and it definately wasnt as good the second time.

Not sure that we will go back. Probably only if we were with someone who really wanted to go
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post

I remember reading your review of it in last years report George, my friend went just after you and she said exactly the same thing! We originally had an ADR in 2016 but cancelled it (can't remember why) I just need to figure out what to swap it with if we do canx, as we have really stuggled with ADR choices this year

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
We felt exactly the same

Went two years in a row. Both times ordered the fried chicken and it definately wasnt as good the second time.

Not sure that we will go back. Probably only if we were with someone who really wanted to go
Thank you!

Appreciate your views, I do think i'll canx, but need to replace it with something! I just wont tell DH, will tell him it's closed to a private function or something lol

Old 30 Jun 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I like it, been 3 times over the years. Enjoyed the food and the entertaining waiters!
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Apparently there've been cost reductions. At least it's built into the 'antics'. Instead of checking you washed your hands they make you restock the loo rolls when you go to the toilet
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

It was our worst meal last month, it wasn't terrible, but we had much better meals elsewhere. We wouldn't go back.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

We went last month. Portion sizes were biggest we had at Disney - a proper plate full. All liked their food although it was perhaps a little quality over quantity. Our server seemed to be one of the more entertaining - he started having a family argument with one of the other servers, saying he had always been useless etc, which was good fun. However, he just seemed to have one or two tables too many to make it a really good interactive experience.

It was particularly good fun for the two in our party who we hadn't told about the theming; the table of 3 teenagers plus parents across from us were completely not into it and it was wasted on them (spent the whole time on their walky talkies, ignoring the waiter).

So overall, it was fine, but we did prefer sci fi diner (particularly the chocolate bar dessert, which was excellent)
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Oh dear we have that ADR in October as DD age 13 wants to go and she doesn’t like burgers hence not keen to try sci fi so hoping it’s ok ...
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List