Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Aug 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

e mail seaworld and tell them whats happened they may honour them for you. Alternatively get back intouch with who sold them and plead your case. Hope your successful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our holiday got moved too, we bought ours through Orlando attractions.com. Tony could not have been more helpful, he reissued our tickets without a problem.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Our holiday got moved too, we bought ours through Orlando attractions.com. Tony could not have been more helpful, he reissued our tickets without a problem.
Always fantastic customer service from these, and Tony is an absolute star
Old 8 Aug 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Well I now would be very wary of booking the SW/Busch/Aquatica tickets through Floridatix if you think you're getting a year to activate...the woman I spoke to said the SW tickets are different to the Disney ones they sell and that they have to be used within 6 months of them sending out to you...I've used them for years and I'm disappointed with their attitude..not a bit of sympathy from them,just I should have got in touch with them when my husband had his heart attack...well I'm sorry if I had much more on my plate at the time!
Thanks all for your comments,I did tell her that I'm not the only one on the Dibb that this has happened to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Well I now would be very wary of booking the SW/Busch/Aquatica tickets through Floridatix if you think you're getting a year to activate...the woman I spoke to said the SW tickets are different to the Disney ones they sell and that they have to be used within 6 months of them sending out to you...I've used them for years and I'm disappointed with their attitude..not a bit of sympathy from them,just I should have got in touch with them when my husband had his heart attack...well I'm sorry if I had much more on my plate at the time!
Thanks all for your comments,I did tell her that I'm not the only one on the Dibb that this has happened to.
Could you not phone them back and ask to speak to Tony specifically? We have a saying at work that the squeaky wheel gets oiled... Mention the Dibb and see what he says? Nothing lost be speaking to him. Hope you get sorted and most of all hope your DH is doing well xxx
Old 8 Aug 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
Could you not phone them back and ask to speak to Tony specifically? We have a saying at work that the squeaky wheel gets oiled... Mention the Dibb and see what he says? Nothing lost be speaking to him. Hope you get sorted and most of all hope your DH is doing well xxx
Tony is at Orlando Attractions, and the OP is dealing with Florida Fix, so different companies unfortunately

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Oh dear that's not good to hear. That doesn't sound like good customer service at all.

Regarding the following:

"the woman I spoke to said the SW tickets are different to the Disney ones they sell and that they have to be used within 6 months of them sending out to you".

Years ago, it used to be the case that some Seaworld tickets (and Universal's American tickets) were only valid for 12 months from the day you bought them. So, for example, if you bought them at the start of August 2015 they'd only be valid until end of July 2016. They have never been valid for just 6 months.

However, nowadays they sell Seaworld tickets for specific years. Clearly, a 2019 SW ticket bought today cannot last just 6 months nor just 12 months. If it must be used within 6 months then that means all the 2019 tickets bought more than a month ago cannot be used. That can't be right! The ticket must last until the end of that particular year to cater for those who have already bought their 2019 tickets and plan to visit in December 2019.

More importantly, their own website says that the ticket "can be activated anytime you choose within the year you book". If this isn't the case, then they are mis-selling this ticket and, as such, breaking the law. You should be able to claim your money back because the ticket they have sold you does not agree with the description when it was sold to you.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Tony is at Orlando Attractions, and the OP is dealing with Florida Fix, so different companies unfortunately

Oops! Sorry!
Old 8 Aug 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

We bought ours SW/AQ/BG and all day dining from from undercover tourist in April for November, this is what it says on the email we received with them

Expiration: E-Ticket expires in full one (1) year from date of purchase. Second and third visit and All Day Dining must be redeemed within 14 days from first visit.

So effectively we actually have until next April to use them, you would think all tickets would have the same even if bought from different suppliers.
Old 8 Aug 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
We bought ours SW/AQ/BG and all day dining from from undercover tourist in April for November, this is what it says on the email we received with them

Expiration: E-Ticket expires in full one (1) year from date of purchase. Second and third visit and All Day Dining must be redeemed within 14 days from first visit.

So effectively we actually have until next April to use them, you would think all tickets would have the same even if bought from different suppliers.
The Seaworld tickets ticket you buy from US sellers (for example UndercoverTourist or Seaworld.com) are slightly different to the Seaworld ticket you can buy in the UK.

For example, the 14-day Seaworld tickets in the USA are called "Four Parks: Unlimited Visits Tickets" and provide access to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. Whereas the UK tickets are called "3-Park Tickets" or "3 for 2 Tickets" and don't include access to Adventure Island. The US ticket sites also sell 2-day 2-park tickets and 3-day 3-park tickets, which aren't sold on UK websites.

Hence, the American tickets have different validity dates to the UK tickets. For the UK tickets they should be valid for the applicable calendar year irrespective of when they are bought (eg. 2019 tickets should be valid any time in 2019).

It sounds like the OP may have been sent American tickets?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List