Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Aug 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
adambaz
Proud to wear my Ears

Nearly 180 Days Out - Deluxe Dining Plan

Hey guys.

This year (Feb) we stayed at AKL with Club Access, and made full use of it in the morning for breakfast, and used the QS and TS credits mainly for lunch and dinner.

Next year (180 days out on Wednesday next week), we've booked Beach Club, but we couldn't justify the upgrade cost to Club there (AKL was only an extra $250 for the 2 weeks, on top of a Savannah view upgrade).

As such, we've upgraded our Free Disney Dining to Deluxe Dining so we can go to a few Signature meals, and have breakfast at a few character places.

We're also not too bothered about going back to Disney Springs, so all the reservations/plans are either in the parks or the odd few in hotel resorts.

I've listed the current itinerary for the 11 nights we're there, would appreciate any comments/suggestions on anything I could be doing better before the big booking day next week.

Cheers.

Tuesday
Arrive at Beach Club after 3 nights at Universal.
7:30pm Dinner @ Cape May

Wednesday (Magic Kingdom)
1900's Park Fayre for Breakfast (with Alice)
Jungle Navigation for Lunch
Tony's Town Square for Dinner

Thursday (Epcot)
Garden Grill for Breakfast (with Chip and Dale)
Via Napoli for Lunch
Teppen Edo for Dinner

Friday (Hollywood Studios)
Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast (with Disney Junior crew)
Mama Melrose Lunch (Fantasmic Show Dining Package)
50's Prime Time Diner for Dinner

Saturday (Animal Kingdom)
Snack Breakfast
Rainforest Cafe for Early Lunch
Tiffins for Rivers Of Light Show Dinner Package

Sunday (Magic Kingdom)
Snack Breakfast
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the morning (it'll be my daughter's 3rd Birthday)
Cinderella's Royal Table for Lunch
Be Our Guest for Dinner

Monday (Hollywood Studios Morning, Epcot Evening)
Snack Breakfast
Sci Fi Diner for Early Lunch
Le Cellier for Dinner

Tuesday (Blizzard Beach Day, Epcot Evening)
Trattoria al Forno for Bon Voyage Breakfast (with Ariel etc)
Snack for Lunch
Akershus Royal Banquet for Dinner

Wednesday (Animal Kingdom)
Tusker House for character breakfast
Snack for Lunch
Whispering Canyon for Dinner

Thursday (Magic Kingdom)
Ohana for Breakfast with Lili & Stitch
Snack Lunch
Hoop De Doo Music Reevo for Dinner show

Friday (Animal Kingdom until early evening)
Ale & Compass Breakfast
Yak and Yeti for Lunch
Yachtsman Steakhouse for Dinner

Saturday (Magic Kingdom)
Cape May Cafe for Character Breakfast
Crystal Palace for Lunch
Set off to airport ~4pm for night flight home

Sunday
Salad

Monday
Salad

Tuesday
Salad...

Edited at 11:08 PM.
adambaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

For my family that would be just too much eating! We’ve just got back with the regular plan and struggled to use all of our credits and we only had one day offsite, and had a cs breakfast on that day. I think you will spend a lot of time eating, particularly the first few days where you have 3 meals booked.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post

I plan to do a deluxe dining plan one year, but I would be doing that mainly to be able to get to more signatures / 2cr meals.

I don’t necessarily think that three meals a day is too much eating, it is fairly normal, but I don’t think I would want three ADRs in a day. I would have less 3 ADR days and more signatures in the plan.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LozzaManse
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

On your first Wednesday at magic Kingdom - have you thought at out doing Tony’s Town Square for lunch so that you can get the parade viewing included? We did this last year and it was well worth it but it’s the only reason we’d eat at Tony’s again. You could do Skipper Canteen for dinner?
LozzaManse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It looks lovely and certainly uses up the correct number of table credits. We always do DDDP but usually have breafast and a signature meal each night as we need a good few hours between the meals and we use snack credits for lunch if needed.

I guess with a 3 year old you may be wanting more regulation meal breaks but it does make it hard booking fast passes in between meals.

Dawn
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi it's a lot of food and a lot of time spent eating
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are keen table service people, but normally only book 2 a day and snack / counter service if we are hungry. After garden grill breakfast I wouldn't be hungry again till teppan edo supper!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
adambaz
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the opinions/input. Will have another look to see if about moving some things around, esp on the days with 3 ADRs.

It’s a shame that there isn’t a semi-deluxe option, as the move from 1QS+1TS to 3TS is a big jump.
adambaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by adambaz View Post
Thanks for the opinions/input. Will have another look to see if about moving some things around, esp on the days with 3 ADRs.

It’s a shame that there isn’t a semi-deluxe option, as the move from 1QS+1TS to 3TS is a big jump.
We do just the normal DDP and pay out of pocket for our cheapest table service. I crunched the numbers and this worked out cheaper than the DXDP for us!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by adambaz View Post

Don't forget that they don't have to be TS meals. The credits can because for QS meals too, although you won't be getting the best value out of them.

3 meals a day isn't a lot, but there's a big difference between some cereal/toast for breakfast, a sandwich/something light for lunch and then a proper dinner, and 3 full on sif down meals. It's certainly not something that I could manage.

If upgrading to deluxe, I'd be doing it to make more of the signature restaurants, rather than cramming in loads of 1TS places. Plus, don't forget all the tips and how they will soon add up.

Who have you booked through? It might not be too late to go back to the normal DDP and pay oop for a few meals. You said that you liked club level as you made the most of it for breakfast. Surely, it would be much cheaper to just keep the ddp and pay oop for breakfast? Another option, but it depends who you've booked with, is to upgrade your 3 year olds ticket to an adult one, which would make their TS credits adult credits and give you another 11 TS credits to play with for signature meals. You then just pay oop for their child meals

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 08:35 AM. Reason: Typo
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List