Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie_disney
Looking for my Ears

We love the serengeti safari, and do it everytime we goto busch gardens. The fact you get so close and personal to some of these animals always amazes me. The first time we went to busch gardens we paid the $100 each in advance for the guided tour. id HIGHLY recommend this for anybody going there for the day, as you get taken around the parks shown most of the animals, photo opportunitys, includes a meal, drinks and the safari tour, aswell as front row seats and queue jumping for ALL the roller coasters, and at 3pm you get reserved seating for the show. Its an amazing park and an amazing experience, highly recommend for anyone (oh you also get a card aswell for 20% off EVERYTHING in the park for that day)
Geordie_disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

That sounds excellent, but certainly wasn't part of the default Serengeti Safari offering we had when we last went (but then the price was only $50 to my recollection or possibly even less).

Am I right in thinking this is what you went for?
https: //seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/attractions/exclusive-park-experiences/guided-adventure-tour

This could potentially be of great benefit for us as I'm likely to want quick queue passes anyway.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie_disney
Looking for my Ears

Yeah thats exactly what we went for, booked it in advance, we did it on a wednesday and we were the ONLY people on the tour, so felt like we were having a VIP treatment :P

with what your getting for the experience i think $100 each is worth the price for it, Nancy was our tour guide, she was VERY knowledgeable, friendly and polite, making sure we were okay the entire tour. And you get to do all the big rides in 1 day, skipping the lines and getting front row everytime

We love busch gardens, but as we are going 3 days this time, we have opted not to pay for this, this time, but would HIGHLY recommend it to people only able to go 1 day, or perhaps its yoru first time going, as it really gives you a good look into what Busch Gardens has to offer as a park.
Geordie_disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Agreed based on what I can see there - depends what the high season price is I suppose. I'm familiar with BGT as I've been a few times, but it's one of the days I'm most looking forward to and Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse and Falcon's Fury are all new since my last visit. Priority queuing I suspect is going to be essential for us to get it all done in a day. Currently also planning our visit for a Wednesday. Is there a published list of which rides the tour package grants front of line access to?
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie_disney
Looking for my Ears

From my research when i went, there is no list of what rides, but i can tell you i rode all the BIG roller coasters with it, cheetah hunt, falcons fury, kumba, montu, sheiKra and im betting that Cobras revenge will be on it, as the big wooden roller coaster was closed down when we went (i forget the name of it now) we got to go round on sheiKra twice without getting off (much to the evil looks from the people in the queue lol) and we got front seats everytime...sheiKra we got front middle seats, the view was AMAZING during the first drop.

From my opinion, if your going to be doing the safari, plan on buying the fast passes and will be eating in the park, the guided tour works out cheaper i believe...and you get a VIP tour of the park.
Old 16 Sep 16, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Yeah I think you've sold me :P - Cobra's Curse is a 'single ride' when part of the quick queue pass but a paid extra, so I'd like to establish that before we visit. Granted, it will have been open for a while by the time of our trip but I'd be anxious to avoid the day spoiled by waiting forever in a queue for it. We have a habit of getting stung by queue lengths for water rides when we don't have quick queue passes, whichever theme park it may be, so that's primarily why I asked - I'd fully expect rides like Sheikra to be included.
Still lamenting the loss of Tidal wave - another one of my childhood favourites gone!
Old 16 Sep 16, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the giraffe video
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Can you take your own camera (I assume/hope so!)
Sorry just saw this, yes you can take pics wth your own camera.

1995 Kissimmee, 1997 & 2000 international drive
2008 Calabay Park,2011,2014,2016,2017 Lake Buena vista. 2018 DLP, Las Vegas
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We were there on Tuesday, we loved Serengeti safari, the giraffes were the highlight for me.
Old 1 Oct 16, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Loved this... Amazing 😀
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List