Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jan 07, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Got all my tickets now BUT ?

Just got my theme park tickets and I should be jumping up and down but I know this sounds silly but how do I know if there genuine
I got them from Theme park tickets and they have also been advertised on here before. They are of credit card size, 4 ulimate and 4 Universal multi-day ticket.
What if I got there and they say soz this is not the real thing and I have to folk out loads more. I think its because I had to ring up and ask when they were coming and its put me off abit.
The universal tickets have 5 addmissions to 3 parks but is valid for 14 days so thats a bonus as I thought it was only valid for 5. If I go to Uni in the morning and then go back at night with my hand stamped is that classed as one time or two. Can I also park hop with this or not. And it says on the ticket photo IDneeded, do not really want to be carrying passports around so what do we use for the kids. Also what is a guest signature and why is it required.
I no I may sound dumb but that's how I feel right now lol.
My dc tickets come direct from dc so I was ok with them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 07, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Please try not to worry. Many people have used theme park tickets and i have never heard of anyone being given fake tickets so i really don't think you should let this concern you.

When you get to the parks you will be required to sign the back of the tickets. Then each time you enter the parks at Universal they will get you to sign again to make sure your signature matches that on the ticket. This happened to us a few times at Universal but we never had to re-sign at Disney.
If you want to leave the park during the day and you get your hand stamped you are then entitled to go back into the park and it won't count as another day.
I am not sure if you can hop with your universal ticket as i am not sure exactly which ticket you purchased.

With respects to ID, I carried my photo drivers licence and we also took a black and white photocopy of our passport photos.

Hope that helps you a bit. Hopefully you can stop worrying and start enjoying that "i got my tickets! " excited feeling.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 07, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Aaawww Leanne has given you some lovely advice...I do hope it has settled you somewhat...as she is perfectly corrrect.

Infact I'd go further and say we bought our tickets last year from TPTD ...yes they are credit card sized polymerized plastic...NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER!

We've never ever been asked for photo id but a photcopy of my passport is all I'd be prepared to take plus my driver's licence.

Once your biometrics (fingerscan) are matched to your card that's it really never been asked to sign again at WDW. Maybe the odd occassion at Universal but the fingerscan was new on us at Universal last year.

The CM's at the gate are NOT the ticket police they will go out of their way to help you...

Hopping is fine on your WDW card plus I reckon on your Universal's if you got the usual ticket that I suspect you have...go early to enable hopping though...avoid mid afternoon...

RELAX...
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 07, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Leanne and Karen have covered everything wonderfully there!
A little tip though for carrying id around with you! Last year when i photocopied our passports i shrunk them down to credit card size and laminated them! They're the perfect size to carry in your purse or wallet and will last for years!
Old 28 Jan 07, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Another tip, photocopy the back of your tickets (the bit with the bar code), as I've heard if they are lost or stolen universal can cancel them and will re-issue new ones.
Old 28 Jan 07, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread