Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Apr 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

:) 'Ohana - O Help!

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while (since I booked our upcoming September Disney trip way back in November!) and everyone seems super nice and helpful.

I figured out all of our desired ADR's for 180+ days out, and got most of them booked. A couple i'm not 100% happy with the times (9am breakfasts i'd rather were 8am's)

The one that I've failed on though, is 'Ohana.
My grand plan was to go to 'Ohana for dinner on our last night, then watch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly and finish off with a few drinks at Trader Sam's.
BUT, I seem to be cursed. I can't get any reservation at any time that would suit that plan at 'Ohana. I even thought to switch and do drinks and then fireworks, but thought a 9:45 ADR for heavy bbq food might be too late?
I currently have a 9:25 ADR which won't work at all as the fireworks are probabably at 9pm, right?

So, the point of my (very first) post... any ideas what I could do instead if I can't get tha elusive 'Ohana ADR to fit my plan? Do reservations for 'Ohana often get released nearer the time? Can you recommend another restaurant that would be just as good (we're doing Narcoosse's on our first night and I am not sure I fancy California Grill)?

Thank you lovely DIBBers
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We ate after the fireworks last year, it was a bit late but it fitted with our plans.
But who's to say even if you booked a table for say 07.45 that dinner would be finished and you would be on the beach by 8.55? When ever we pre book at O'hanas we are always late sitting down and I certainly wouldn't want to rush such a lovely meal to get outside and see the fireworks.
I'd go for the later option if you can wait that long.
Old 12 Apr 17, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That's a lovely plan for your last night, I hope everything comes together for you!

Keep trying for an earlier time, one will appear, even if it doesn't happen until you are actually on your holiday. Also try different party sizes, I had to do that this year with various places as I was struggling to find availability at the right time for a party of two. Once my ADR was confirmed I was able to tweak the party size on MDE.

How about booking Kona Cafe as a back-up? That way you'll still be at the Poly and even if 'Ohana doesn't happen you can still do the beach and Trader Sam's. They have the potstickers and wings from 'Ohana on the appetizer menu.

If you have a Touring Plans subscription they offer an ADR finding service where they'll send you an email when a time/date you want becomes available.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much Dismadbrit and Collybird.

Thinking about it, we don't usually have dinner until 8:30-9pm at home here in the UK anyway, so after the fireworks wouldn't be too bad. We can always have a late lunch or an afternoon snack to take us through to dinner.

I'll keep checking for ADR's, hopefully one will come up

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
If you have a Touring Plans subscription they offer an ADR finding service where they'll send you an email when a time/date you want becomes available.
This is a great tool.

You don't have to be a paying member to use it, just sign up for a basic (free account).

I found quite a few better reservation times with it last year. Saved me checking every day like a mad woman.

Here's the link to join for free if you want to take a look.
touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join/basic

Edited at 02:29 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wed2ared
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Great ideas for late reservation / kona cafe. We are planning the same when I book our ADRS.
wed2ared is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I imagine 9.25 could work? Fireworks should be at 9, but they won't last until then, think it's about 12 minutes long so should be over by 9.15!
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

I got an ADR for 8pm - so god chance of fireworks then?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

I really struggled to get a reservation at Ohana's. The earliest I could get was 9.15pm which is way too late for us to be eating. However, as we really want to eat there I stuck with it. I have been checking the app every day for every day of our holiday for an alternative time and eventually I managed to get one at 5pm so I would say keep looking. Hopefully you will get what you want.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Just how difficult to get are dinner reservations at Ohana?

I'm onsite, hoping for a 5/6pm reservation about 5 days into our stay. Do I need to go later...as in later in the stay..to get this?
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List